How many views each year should I average 1 - 2 - 3 etc

nathan

Hi there all.
I was wondering if this is so for a general video not a viral one.
If you get 10, 000 views in year 1 could you expect 100,000 in year to and a couple of million views in year 3?
If your videos are generic in nature and not set to any current fashion or date?
I have a few videos with over 300, 000 views in 9 months for popular searches. Can I expect millions by year 3?
I know it is no gaurantee but just wondering what the average growth is on a normal video say the best songs of the 80's for example?
Something that never goes out of fashion?
Any ideas from people who have been around for some years?
I noticed that videos of 3 or 4 years of age are often millions of views???

It's really hard to predict how your channel will grow, because everyone grows on youtube differently, though as time goes on, you can expect to get higher amounts of views, though nothing's for certain really. My case though has been

Year 1 - 33K Views
Year 2 - 358K Views
Year 3 - 3.8 M Views
Year 4 - 10.6M

cheers mate,
that is exactly what I thought myself.
Exactly what I thought you said it.
Thanks for the swift reply.
Can I ask while you are there.
What boosts a video subs or likes the most in your experience?
Cheers for that!!

cheers mate,
that is exactly what I thought myself.
Exactly what I thought you said it.
Thanks for the swift reply.
Can I ask while you are there.
What boosts a video subs or likes the most in your experience?
Cheers for that!!
I suppose really just be sure to make content that people will find relevant and want to see

Our growth has been fairly steady.

Year 1: 1.03 million views
Year 2: 3.16 million views
Year 3 (about 9 months into year 3) 9.72 million views. Projected to have about 14 million views in Year 3.

Year 1 to Year 2 growth of just over 300%.
Year 2 to Year 3 growth already over 300%-will probably end up between 400-450%.

Growth of older videos tend to be linear instead of exponential, so your older non-viral videos will not explode in views as time goes on. They just exhibit steady growth.

Thanks man!
Is that large growth due to the videos been placed in the suggested videos section?
See, my oldest videos are now 9 months!!!
They are only just beginning to appear in the suggested video list but rarely.
Is thus where they grow big rather then people searching for those keywords?
Has suggested videos decreased lately due to personal reccomendations instead?
So many questions I know!!
Cheers it is really helpful
Nathan

Thanks man!
Is that large growth due to the videos been placed in the suggested videos section?
See, my oldest videos are now 9 months!!!
They are only just beginning to appear in the suggested video list but rarely.
Is thus where they grow big rather then people searching for those keywords?
Has suggested videos decreased lately due to personal reccomendations instead?
So many questions I know!!
Cheers it is really helpful
Nathan

Our growth is due to our subscriber base sharing our videos and getting their friends to subscribe to us. As we gain more new subscribers, they go through our back catalog of videos (over 1600) and we rack up the views. Placement/recommendations don't seem to affect our videos as much as the daily influx of new subscribers who get hooked and want to watch our old videos. We have a few that come up high in searches, but we've only seen steady growth from those videos-never any big surge in views. I don't expect it to ever change.

Back