How many of you have gone Full Time by doing YouTube?

I definitely sink in a lot of time into my youtube channel, but I'm not even relatively close to going full time, sadly.
Yeah I put full time hours In my channel, but I only made a few bucks here and there but I didn’t get a paycheck because I didn’t reach the monthly threshold

My full time job is to market and (hopefully) sell yachts. My YouTube channel is without a doubt the most effective way of doing that and the company I am contracted to have recognised that and sponsor my channel. It is a commission-only position though, so I am trying to build my channel to become a source of cash flow. I'm slowly getting there... @PictureFIT was absolutely right when he wrote:
people, especially those with a strong niche, can get away with only a few thousand views per day and 30,000 or so subscribers as long as they start learning about sponsorships and brand deals early.
The yachting industry is a very strong niche, and on the one hand that is great because I have no serious competition at all - but on the other hand I think it is unlikely I will ever get much more than 100,000 subs. Even that will take me a couple of years more work to achieve. I used my channel to promote a paid webinar "breaking into yacht brokerage" a couple of months ago and made a reasonable profit, and have just returned from a trip to Turkey where I had to film a yacht that is for sale. While I was there I signed up a local yacht builder for a series of paid vlogs promoting his yachts. My aim is to be able to cover my business and living expenses from my channel by the end of the year.

This makes me wonder though. People who does youtube full time, do they save up money for their retirement? How does that work? I don´t think that would happen in Sweden though.
Since youtube would be inconsistent with money, it might be hard to save up for retirement!

it's alot of effort to do what I already do, and I can easily see how this would be a full time 10 hour a day job, :).

It's about a year when I decided to make walking videos regularly. Since then I got 40K subscribers and monthly $800-1000 bonus, but still doing this full time is too much. So I spend about 4 hours a week of which 1-2 hours are walks themselves and other time making map, descriptions and checking comments. I upload about 2-3 videos a week and I have not desire doing it more, and actually making more videos does not make same times more views, more over sometimes I get more views after longer delay.

It's about a year when I decided to make walking videos regularly. Since then I got 40K subscribers and monthly $800-1000 bonus, but still doing this full time is too much. So I spend about 4 hours a week of which 1-2 hours are walks themselves and other time making map, descriptions and checking comments. I upload about 2-3 videos a week and I have not desire doing it more, and actually making more videos does not make same times more views, more over sometimes I get more views after longer delay.

Hello Rambalac, I see you have started your channel more than 10 years ago.
How you think your consistency in offering the same kind of video from the start relates to the success of your channel today ?
You believe it is purely the recent change in pace and regularity in uploading that brought a sudden increase of suscribers ?

Hello Rambalac, I see you have started your channel more than 10 years ago.
How you think your consistency in offering the same kind of video from the start relates to the success of your channel today ?
You believe it is purely the recent change in pace and regularity in uploading that brought a sudden increase of suscribers ?
Yes, I believe so.
As before as now I was taking videos about Japan.
As before as now I don't post my videos other than in my google+ and single community about Japan.
But before I was taking random unorganized videos and now I film mostly walks.

Yes, I believe so.
As before as now I was taking videos about Japan.
As before as now I don't post my videos other than in my google+ and single community about Japan.
But before I was taking random unorganized videos and now I film mostly walks.
Cool, thanks for your answer, one last question just to make sure I understand correctly, each time you upload a new walk, what's your publishing routine ? I mean, where do you tell people about the new video ? On social networks ?

Back