How many cards in a video?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Hey guys
I was wondering how many cards should I put in my videos?? Lets say I have a video that is about 5 minutes, how many cards would you put in a video that length?? Personally Im thinking about 3 or so but I dont know if its to many?? And should the card link to a video relevant to the video being watched??

On the newest desktop version clicking one card brings a menu down and see them all so if you want jam them all in at the last second and have one at the start

I have 10 min videos with 2 cards during and an end card.
I think a card every 2 mins would be the max IMO

Thanks guys. At the moment I have about 2-3 cards in a 5 minute video so maybe that is a bit to much

I've always just used one card 15 seconds into the video. I use it to promote the entire playlist to which the video belongs that the viewer is watching regardless of the videos length, but based on what I'm seeing suggested here I might want to increase that for greater promotion of my other videos and playlists.

I've totally never thought about this, and I probably should think about it more.

Thanks for asking this. I'm learning a lot from this YTtalk forum.

Later my cool dudes! :).

I usually use 3 or less on most regular videos. For a longer video possibly more, but choose the pop-up time strategically.

Back