How many cameras?

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
For my videos I only have a GoPro Hero. Just wondering if people have more then one camera to get different angels at the same time so you can edit better? I do lawn care videos, and I think if I had a second camera, I could make much better videos. What are you thoughts on this? Thanks

This really depends on the style of videos you make. I do vlogging and sit-down-talk videos, which won't benefit much from having a second angle. However, if you do instructional videos, I think you can definitely benefit from a second angle. This will allow you to get close up shots or wider shots, without losing the position of your main camera.

Hello,

Honestly, I've taken a lot of video production and video editing classes when I was in school. All my professors have said it really doesn't matter how many cameras you use unless you're doing a hugh movie with complex scenes. However, one camera just means a lot more work.

For my videos I only have a GoPro Hero. Just wondering if people have more then one camera to get different angels at the same time so you can edit better? I do lawn care videos, and I think if I had a second camera, I could make much better videos. What are you thoughts on this? Thanks
[DOUBLEPOST=1507241103,1507238634][/DOUBLEPOST]I love your channel! :dance: I subscribed to :ugo:Lol :hilarious2:

Hello,

Honestly, I've taken a lot of video production and video editing classes when I was in school. All my professors have said it really doesn't matter how many cameras you use unless you're doing a hugh movie with complex scenes. However, one camera just means a lot more work.

[DOUBLEPOST=1507241103,1507238634][/DOUBLEPOST]I love your channel! :dance: I subscribed to :ugo:Lol :hilarious2:
Thanks. Glad you love it. I will check out yours.

We have a 4k camera, so it’s easy to shoot wide and punch in for a close up if needed. The most cameras I’ve ever used for a shoot was four. One wide, two on the sides at different angles and one for super slow motion.

I only use one camera for my videos, as I only shoot short clips at a time. I think that your lawn care videos would absolutely benefit from another camera for additional angles. Best of luck!

In one of the biggest ironic twists I have about half a dozen cameras and my youtube channel only uses 1 of them for about 30 seconds an episode to film a packaging shot...before I started my current youtube channel I used to be a film maker (Well realistically I still am...I just havent really had the time to make anything too out there for the last 2 years or so) I have 2 gopros, a DSLR (D650) with about half a dozen lenses, a handycam an old VHS studio cam and my phones has a 1080p camera and is a proper little machine. Im hoping if and when I expand a bit more that I'll be able to get some more free time to go back and start making movies again...but in the mean time Im happy just ticking over with reviews.

I would say if you feel you would benefit from a 2nd camera, go for a second camera. if nothing else it will give you more footage to work with, a different perspective and the reassurance that if your main camera breaks at any point you wont be without a camera for any period of time :) its an expensive investment, but I'd say definitely worth taking :)

Last edited:
Hi, like Veronica said, it depends on what yo do. One could be ok for VLOGs, or anything, really. But like in my case, the drone helps me with amazing views and my Panasonic GH3 helps me with the close ups. But then, I am lucky to have that and a gopro. It definetly helps. That, and that we are 2 persones: my wife and I.

Back