How long dos Youtube take to monetize your channel after 10k Views

FM_WORLD

Hi All,

My channel now has around 15,000 views, (One video grew quite quickly) and was wondering how long it takes for YT to start rolling out ads on my videos. All videos are monetized but I understand 10k views were needed to actually have ads showing.

I searched for a thread like this but didn't find one, so apologies in advance if this has been asked already

If YouTube sees that a channel which was previously monetized under the old Partner Program rules but is under the 10K threshold isn't following the Terms of Use, it is highly likely that not only will it not be monetized upon reaching 10K in views but the channel owner may wake up one day to find an email saying his channel has been terminated for "severe or multiple violations of our Community Guidelines regarding Spam, Scams and Deceptive Commercial Content, or other severe violations of our Terms of Service".

Form what I see of your content, unless you have cleared the rebroadcast, publicity and commercial use rights on everything you have uploaded, I wouldn't expect to be monetized; in your place I would expect to eventually be terminated.

Last edited:
From the Terms of Service section 6D

"You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein."

Section 7A

"YouTube will terminate a user's access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer."

Now from the Partner Program Policies

"It’s important that you have the right to use all of your content commercially before monetising it on YouTube. Please familiarise yourself with the Monetisation Basics & Policies. Repeated submission of ineligible videos and/or insufficient documentation may affect your ability to monetise videos in the future."

(It can also, though they don't refer to it in the paragraph above, cause you to be tagged as a repeat infringer and call down section 7A of the main TOS on you.)

Now do you understand a bit better?

From the Terms of Service section 6D

"You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein."

Section 7A

"YouTube will terminate a user's access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer."

Now from the Partner Program Policies

"It’s important that you have the right to use all of your content commercially before monetising it on YouTube. Please familiarise yourself with the . Repeated submission of ineligible videos and/or insufficient documentation may affect your ability to monetise videos in the future."

(It can also, though they don't refer to it in the paragraph above, cause you to be tagged as a repeat infringer and call down section 7A of the main TOS on you.)

Now do you understand a bit better?

yes thankyou for the help, what if you have videos monetized and de-monetized?

yes thankyou for the help, what if you have videos monetized and de-monetized?
When you say "monetized and de-monetized", do you mean that only some of your videos are monetized, or that some videos were monetized in the past but are not monetized now?

If the last, did you de-monetize them or did YouTube do it?

Ok!

The problem here is that even having de-monetized them, you are still violating section 6D of the Terms of Service if you didn't clear the rights to use the material with the copyright owner.

Violation is violation whether or not you are monetizing. It doesn't make a difference.

uh oh haha, i just don't want my bum slapped by youtube :'D i have literally just de monetized them all, from now on, hopefully i will try and stay on the good side, its a good job i came in here! and saw you!

Back