How long do you guys take to edit videos

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Oh boy, there is no simple answer from me on this one. But I'll break it down.

Gameplays - Logged between 5 minutes to 2 hours. Depends on how much I need to do with the video.
Movie Reviews - Between 30 minutes to 4 hours.
My latest Indie Movie - 10 months on and off. Didn't bother logging any minutes nor hours.

Editing is always a beast. But once you understand how to do the little things and what look you are trying to accomplish it doesn't take very long to edit simple videos. But the more complex the project gets the longer it takes to finish in the editing department. Quality over quantity I always say. =]

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Oh boy, there is no simple answer from me on this one. But I'll break it down.

Gameplays - Logged between 5 minutes to 2 hours. Depends on how much I need to do with the video.
Movie Reviews - Between 30 minutes to 4 hours.
My latest Indie Movie - 10 months on and off. Didn't bother logging any minutes nor hours.

Editing is always a beast. But once you understand how to do the little things and what look you are trying to accomplish it doesn't take very long to edit simple videos. But the more complex the project gets the longer it takes to finish in the editing department. Quality over quantity I always say. =]
Facts

Reactions: Farley Productions

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It usually takes me about 2 hours for a full edit.
That includes everything from finding the music for the video to editing down the clips.

captainzurple

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, for me, it can be anywhere from five minutes to one hour. Usually never longer than that. I don't cut any footage in my videos except for the beginning and end. In the beginning, I might say my intro line and mess it up, and have to start over. Not gonna lie lmao but that's seriously about it. Most of the editing is spent going through the videos to make sure I don't -have- to cut anything. Then the remainder of it is adding in my outro.

likeups

Reaction score
Website
www.likesups.com
Channel Type
Musician
If you make videos with unique content, then you should not hurry into video editing. While editing the video, good thumbnail image, background music, and its running time should be taken care of. It takes 6-7 hours for my video editing.

Reactions: Fost

ThatShabbyGuy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually record 4 to 6 hours of video (refinishing furniture). Takes me about 8 hours of editing to get it how I want lately. Views/subs increasing so I'll keep plugging.

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Depends on the content really, I've had videos take 20 minutes to edit because I had some really good takes and others took a few weeks because of how complicated I wanted it to be. My short films typically take between a day and a week for a first cut then it can be another day to 3 weeks for the final cut with sound design and color correction lol.

Big tip, learn your editors hot keys, its only a second to move the mouse over and click the button but one second adds up fast over a few hours lol. Also knowing what you're gonna wanna cut while shooting helps a ton. I try and keep an ear out for what I wanna cut and keep (Round about) during recording so that helps speed things up.

Howard Wilson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On average about a couple of days because I keep redoing things by watching it 800 times lol. Also depends on how much video I have and if I have a song that fits with the idea I have. Traveling videos are my longest edits though