How long do you guys take to edit videos

Dawayne West

What's up I was just wondering how long do you take to edit videos I'm planning on soending more time editing as I spend 2 days editing how long would be too long? Thanks in advance

Depends on the type of vid. When I do a travel vid it takes a while. I usually have about an hours worth of footage, to make a 15 minute vid. It takes a while to go through it all. Then I have to start the voice over. Few hours to a day... a lot of times I work on 3 or 4 vids at a time, little here, little there, makes it hard to keep up with how much each one takes. I try to have 3 or 4 ready for voice over when my wife goes out to the well to do laundry. It helps if she is out of the house while I do voice over.

The 'talking head' vids are fast. I film for 20 minutes for a 15 minute vid. Minimal editing, not much effects or transitions. Audio is already done during filming. Maybe an hour total.

Too bad it takes 4 hours to upload ha ha... (Philippines internet sucks)

Really varies, I don't stick to a consistent format or video length so naturally editing time is different for each. Probably the most time I've taken is 4 or 5 hours for one video.

Normally 2-4 hours for a 10 minutes video.

I've thought about hiring a video editor, but not sure it's worth the cost at this time.

Vlogs are the quickest by far, but I don’t do them. Mine take a lot of editing, anywhere from 4-8 hours on a 3-5 min video.

depends on the video, if its a review, probably 2 or 3 hours. quick dirt-bike rides, maybe 1 hour. Scenic type of videos probably 2 hours
I am a dirtbike/vlog channel though so it is very different vs what traditional YTers are doing. Gaming I think takes longer for a good proper edit

Back