How Is This Person Keeping This Posted ? Other Peoples Music Videos

Ralph Mickey

Every where I have searched says that copyrighted music that is not yours cannot be put on YouTube, let alone be monetized. But yet I found The Gambler Video online since 2012 and it's not by anyone that would have the right to put it up.

Am I missing something or just not understanding the restrictions about music on YouTube ?

Well I guess I can't put a link to it here for some reason but just go to google and search

the gambler kenny rogers

and it will be first on the list.

If anyone can explain why this guy can upload a video that's not his and keep it on YT for more than 5 years AND on top of that - make money with it - Please let me know.

Thank you

Do you know for sure he makes money off it?
Advertisements showing on the video don't mean it's his money, kenny would get that.

The benefit the guy has by having it in his channel would simply be for good content, he would benefit by having the traffic that would lead people to subscribe and watch his original content which he does make money from, or in his case, it was just for his own fun to have a channel with music.

According to the TubeBuddy report on his page - he has made a lot of money off of it. So it looks like it does belong to him.

This is what I see. Haven't done much with TubeBuddy as of yet though.

krogersgambler.png

Back