Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How i became a Full-Time Youtuber

Discussion in 'YouTube Tips, Tutorials, Help & Guides' started by Loki Doki, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Loki Doki
    Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
    Cash:
    $65
    i imagine its very few directly through link at the end. i thank every single person that signs up to patreon in my videos and because i am genuinely grateful more people want to join in. i have never once said in my videos "hey guys if you want to support me go check out my patreon" i just think that sort of push doesn't work
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 12, 2018 ---
    when i get up in the morning, i will so around 6 hours of recording/editing/thumbnails/uploading/SEO then during the evenings i will spend a couple of hours replying to comments and twitter and a couple of hours playing the game ready for next day and stream for 2-3 hours 3 times a week

videoeditgr and KatyAdelson like this.
  2. daniel burgio
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $19
    You need to do what DarkSydePhil does and e-beg religiously. Just say it's to keep your house or something. Sadly, it works to some extent... But don't actually do that. It's disgusting lol.

Loki Doki likes this.
  3. Vax
    Vax
    Cash:
    $42
    This was just the read I needed tbh, I started a new series on my channel but I am honestly not feeling it. It isn't content that I personally enjoy to make, I guess. I have ideas for other things but just being able to do so is another thing.

Loki Doki likes this.
  4. evoloz
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $97
    Excellent post, always enjoyable to read about and follow your success.

Completely agree with everything you say, how can people expect success after 3 videos. I've done about 120 videos now and i've still so much to learn and have so much room for improvement (or maybe i'm just a slow learner haha)

Hope your success and growth continues through 2018 :-D

Loki Doki likes this.
  5. HiMyNameIsDan
    #crumbs
    Cash:
    $58
    Excellent post!

Loki Doki likes this.
  6. Sickly Gamer
    Cash:
    $16
    Congratulations on becoming a full time youtuber!! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to motivate and provide key tips, important information and basically guidelines on how one should go about his/her journey into the content creating world. Thanks

Loki Doki likes this.
  7. Gaijillionaire
    I've got a yen for being in Japan!
    Cash:
    $204
    Great advice. This site is helpful and I can see now see a channel failure coming a mile away.

I’d love you to get into detail about the community. I think it’s rare for big channels to reach out but if you go thru any big comment list you’ll find people saying that vid or channel made their day or changed their lives or whatever. So I’m sure connecting with that helps make lifers to your channel. Do people come back and comment more when you reply to everyone or does it turn out better when you choose just a few?

What did your work say when you quit by the way?

8. Loki Doki
    Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
    Cash:
    $65
    exactly that, replying to comments lets the viewers know that you read and listen to them, and in turn makes the viewer much more likely to come back and become a regular. for the first year or so i replied to every single comment but sadly i just don't have time for that anymore sadly but i still spend as much spare time as possible replying, thats the key to building a strong community. showing people you actually read all the comments and not just saying it

9. Gaijillionaire
    I've got a yen for being in Japan!
    Cash:
    $204
    I’m sure it makes them feel good. It would for me. In my opinion with big channels, if they reply at all, getting one makes you feel like you’ve won the lottery! What’s your rule of thumb for comments now? I feel like the longer and better ones deserve a response but short positive ones should get a heart

10. Loki Doki
    Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
    Cash:
    $65
    i usually reply to the comments the are longer and well thought out, i like every single comment and heart interesting or funny ones

i also make sure to always reply to the comments with the most likes so people can see i reply to lots of comments as they will be near the top