How fast should your internet be for live streaming?

G

glitboy

I want to start live streaming videogames on Youtube, but I'm not sure if my internet is fast enough. My download speed is 3.5mbps and my upload is .6mbps. Is that enough or will I have to upgrade?

Thanks,
Art M.

I want to start live streaming videogames on Youtube, but I'm not sure if my internet is fast enough. My download speed is 3.5mbps and my upload is .6mbps. Is that enough or will I have to upgrade?

Thanks,
Art M.
Idk man that is some scary low internet speeds. On the most basic comcast accounts you get around 25-35mbps. I get around that and I have an OK time doing anything live or streaming.

Idk man that is some scary low internet speeds. On the most basic comcast accounts you get around 25-35mbps. I get around that and I have an OK time doing anything live or streaming.
The only high speed internet provider in my area is Comcast and there prices are a rip off. They give you a decent rate for 6 months, then double it.

Have you cleanned out your internet history latly ? Might want to run ccleaner on your comp and cleans up junk. Also what fire wall do you use ?? Its funny when i was using speedtest.net and had avast it would show my internet speed at 1.14 and 0.9 i disabled it and it and ran speed test again and went to 14 and 0.9. When i downloaded comodo i ran 14 and 0.9

The only high speed internet provider in my area is Comcast and there prices are a rip off. They give you a decent rate for 6 months, then double it.

Regardless .6mpbs upload will severely limit your streaming capabilities. 2.5mbps is slower than DSL and only like 100 times faster than 56k, in compared to 1000 times faster with 25mbps.

In my experience even with my good upload and download speeds runnning gaming servers or streaming just doesn't work great.

Have you cleanned out your internet history latly ? Might want to run ccleaner on your comp and cleans up junk. Also what fire wall do you use ?? Its funny when i was using speedtest.net and had avast it would show my internet speed at 1.14 and 0.9 i disabled it and it and ran speed test again and went to 14 and 0.9. When i downloaded comodo i ran 14 and 0.9

That shows that avast is actually checking the data going in and out in comparison to comodo ;)

I stream at 2Mb/s to 3Mb/s with OBS and here is a quality example
Not too bad looking for the speed! Especially for 720p

Back