How effective are Rank Checkers?

I tried the search function but drew a blank, yet I'm half expecting someone to link me to another thread I would be surprised if this has not been asked before.

As the title says, how effective are YouTube Rank Checkers? I'm trying to optimise some of my videos to get as high up as possible and in the process of research have found a rank checker. Now I tested it with various videos and it seemed pretty accurate. It would seem to me on first thought like a good idea because obviously searching yourself on YouTube gives you slightly biased results due to YouTube ranking videos on your own interests. The rank checkers I've found seem to account for that by searching YouTube with zero cookies loaded etc, etc, so the results should be completely unbiased. But here's the thing. Is a completely unbiased search result really that relevant?! Everyone who isn't using YouTube for the first time will have video results tailored somewhat. So is this a completely pointless exercise, a little bit relevant, or completely trustworthy? I suspect I've answered my own question here but always good to get the opinion of others!

Cheers

The only thing they seem to do is tell you what page your video is on for any specific keyword. I wouldn't consider this effective for all channels it really depends on the genre especially since the maximum videos to check on the 1 I used was only the top 300. This means if you're video isn't in the top 300 it won't tell you what page it's on, still a good indicator that you need to better your SEO but SEO is so unpredictable for my channel to begin with, so these rank checkers won't benefit me or many other gaming channels. For a channel like yours I think it would be beneficial.

Thanks for the reply. At the moment it's confusing the hell out of me. The rank checker is telling me that for a search term and particular video it's not in the top 300, yet when I use the wife's phone, who has no interest whatsoever in airsoft videos, the video shows in position 32. Strange. I know constant fluctuations are normal, but this, at least at the moment, seems to me to be a useless tool.

Thanks for the reply. At the moment it's confusing the hell out of me. The rank checker is telling me that for a search term and particular video it's not in the top 300, yet when I use the wife's phone, who has no interest whatsoever in airsoft videos, the video shows in position 32. Strange. I know constant fluctuations are normal, but this, at least at the moment, seems to me to be a useless tool.
lol yeah sounds like it, good thing it's a free tool. If YouTube didn't change the SEO system it would be easier to update tags but now if you update tags it can take anywhere between 1 min - 24hrs or up to a week before the changes take effect. Which means you kind of have to get the tags right first go.

lol yeah sounds like it, good thing it's a free tool. If YouTube didn't change the SEO system it would be easier to update tags but now if you update tags it can take anywhere between 1 min - 24hrs or up to a week before the changes take effect. Which means you kind of have to get the tags right first go.

Yeah that's the problem I'm facing at the moment. I updated some of the tags following a guide on here and the video, on my own search, started jumping all over the place within 10 minutes, lol.

Back