how do you reply to a comment using your tablet

jak6jak

I create stick man animations!!!
Hi I was watching YouTube videos on my tablet and I found a comment I wanted to reply to but when I tried I noticed there was no reply button. I searched a lot of web sites but no one had the same problem. All help is appreciated.

P.S I didn't really know where to post this thread so if its in the wrong spot sorry

Hm are there reply buttons under the comments? I think that there is only one line under the comment where you can find the thumb up and thumb down. I think on the left side of this both you can find the reply link. Afte you click on this the reply box will open... I'm not sure but I think it's this way to reply a comment...

Hm are there reply buttons under the comments? I think that there is only one line under the comment where you can find the thumb up and thumb down. I think on the left side of this both you can find the reply link. Afte you click on this the reply box will open... I'm not sure but I think it's this way to reply a comment...
Nope

Here I have a picture of my youtube at my phone.

Does it look like in the picture? "Antworten" means "reply"

Attachments

• PicsArt_1357061069925.jpg
    PicsArt_1357061069925.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 3
Oh yeah, there you only have the "reply to video" function over the comments. I think you can't reply to a comment directly with the app. For that I always use my phone browser and enable the desktop mode.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1357062605153.jpg
    PicsArt_1357062605153.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2
Oh yeah, there you only have the "reply to video" function over the comments. I think you can't reply to a comment directly with the app. For that I always use my phone browser and enable the desktop mode.
How do you enable it for desktop mode?

Open the mobile version of youtube. Then open the left menu (the three stripes on the left top) then you see a lot if channels and also your own. Scroll down the menu 'til the bottom. There you find one point "desktop" when you click this you should have the desktop version where you can reply for comments ;)

Attachments

• PicsArt_1357063225053.jpg
    PicsArt_1357063225053.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 1
Open the mobile version of youtube. Then open the left menu (the three stripes on the left top) then you see a lot if channels and also your own. Scroll down the menu 'til the bottom. There you find one point "desktop" when you click this you should have the desktop version where you can reply for comments ;)
You must be using a different version because mine only tells my subs

You must be using a different version because mine only tells my subs
He is talking about the moblie WEBSITE, in your app (Im guessing android?) You cannot. On the mobile website you can tap on the comment to reply, but that is impossible in the app.

Back