How Do YOU Promote Your Videos?

Michael Cimicata

YTtalk Mad
Hey everyone,

I wanted to know what the best promotional methods are for youtube videos. I have grown a pretty big drumming channel, but haven't promoted it AT ALL.

Recently, I have created a Facebook page for the brand/channel, but have literally spent NO time promoting the videos.

How should I promote them?

Thanks, in advance!

Since I am a gaming channel for Call of Duty, so I play call of duty games and ask all of my recent players if they would like to check out my channel to give me some feedback on it and most of them subscribed! I don't know a way for you though but that is how I promoted my videos/channel.

Interact with the community, by commenting on videos and just generally being nice :) You'll get random clicks on your channel, and they'll equal subs! I haven't posted a single comment of spam and I'm growing rapidly :)

Good luck!

-AG

I use Twitter, and Facebook, Email, forums... and recently broke down and started using Google +.. Surprisingly it has helped. I also write down the URL to my video's and stick them in a bottle and throw that bottle in the ocean.. I am convinced that one day all those bottles in the ocean will pay off.

I use Twitter, and Facebook, Email, forums... and recently broke down and started using Google +.. Surprisingly it has helped. I also write down the URL to my video's and stick them in a bottle and throw that bottle in the ocean.. I am convinced that one day all those bottles in the ocean will pay off.
Here I thought I had the message in a bottle market cornered...Now the Police are stuck in my head... I'll send a sub request to the world, I'll send a sub request...

I use YouNow to gain an audience, then I promote my older (better quality) videos on ask.fm to drive some traffic back to them!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to know what the best promotional methods are for youtube videos. I have grown a pretty big drumming channel, but haven't promoted it AT ALL.

Recently, I have created a Facebook page for the brand/channel, but have literally spent NO time promoting the videos.

How should I promote them?

Thanks, in advance!
Do sub 4 sub - like 4 like - comment 4 comment - favorite 4 favorite. You can find people that want to do this in sub 4 sub videos, Subxcess chat, any forums that have this topic. I still have people from a year ago that I met from sub 4 sub checking out my channel, like and commenting on my videos!

Make youtube friends that drum or play instruments. Put them in your friends section on your channel, have them do the same to your channel. Constantly watch their videos and most likely they will return the favor and watch your videos. Ask them for a shoutout or to put a link to one of your vids in annotation or description of your video. Find someone around the same youtube size of course.

Talk a lot in forums. Some forums allow you to add signature. Put in signature your newest video or youtube channel. Make great post so people will like what you say and hopefully check out your channel!

Social media, Not just sharing from your video on youtube, but actually find groups and topics to people that may be interested in your videos. Many have said google+ groups. Post on facebook so friends and family can see. Join groups that relate to your youtube topic on facebook and post your videos there. Any social media like tumbler, blogger, linkedn, reddit, etc.

If you have the extra cash you can do paid advertisement
Paid advertisement include : youtube promote your video, google adwords, virool.

I hope this helps!

I'm not doing much promotion outside this forum really.
I always link my videos to the game on Steam as well, but that's bascially it. I'm not sure where the line between "promote yourself" and "spam" is :)

Back