How do you nicely turn down collab requests?

Say you're busy with other things. Or just be straight up with them and say "I'd love to work with you, but I think you should improve _____"

Hmmmm. Well I'm really new to this youtube so I've not collaborated with anyone. I'd just get really creative and think of ways to distract them like shine a torch in their face and run away, have a meltdown like a toddler and cry on the floor. Have a bottle of fake blood on you at all times, then when things get awkward just slyly take a glug in your mouth and just let it seep out slowly as they tell you how amazing their channel is. Or maybe you could just say of course we can collaborate, my fee structure starts at $500 per video ok?

Other than that, I'm all out of sensible solutions....sorry about that haha[DOUBLEPOST=1476214944,1476214817][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course my methods will only work in person. If it's just emails....I'd just ignore or reply politely saying I've got too much work on lol

I've actually never turned down a collab before but never really mad one either. But really for me, I don't think i wanna do one, unless the feeling is mutual. I'm scared of the fact that I have a terrible schedule and I might feel rushed into doing things.

This is very interesting subject ! i faced some similar issue. Sometimes i said to new youtubers that YouTube system algorithm can detect any duplicated videos in two different channel. Some other times, i said: i dont have time because i am not a full time YouTuber. I think it is better to be realistic and say the truth.

I would just be nice and be honest.. it's no good lieing/making stuff up.. people usually know anyway... it's not nice.. and if they find out your lieing it makes you look even worse.. Just say something more specific like.. No sorry, I am looking for a channel more specific to collab with, but I wish you all the best with your channel :biggrin: People aren't going to like you saying no full stop... but that's just the way it is.. be kind and be honest. :biggrin:

Back