How do you Network..?

It is tough to do locally if you don't live in a place like LA. Because of that, most of my collab stuff has been with friends, rather than other YouTubers. I'm always down to do something with people that live far away, but I feel like I need to still be able to direct the project somehow. I guess I'm kind of a control freak when it comes to what goes up on my channel... :-/

The easiest way to network is to attend events that are packed with other youtubers. Conventions like Vidcon/Summer in the City/Playlist Live are an excellent way to meet others. Look online for local meetups and if you have a YouTube Space near you, sign up for every class and event you can.

This forum is hit and miss. I've only done one successful collab with someone on here. I prefer to collab in person, so I usually hit up youtubers I meet at social events. I also volunteer to crew for other channels if they need help so that they'll owe me a favor and be more likely to collab in the future.

i was thinking that would be an effective way as you meet them in person.. and it seemed to work for you so why not! *frantically googles for youtube conventions*

Back