How do you manage your channel and your real life?

I prerecord my gaming clips, then edit when I have free time. I do as much as I can, then post it on to my channel accordingly. I usually go by 1 video every two days, sometimes 2 in a row on consecutive days when I feel good haha

If it wasn't for Youtube scheduling I'd really struggle. But as it is, my hours at work have been cut(yay for being an agency worker) so I've had a bit more time... but normally it's a case of out the house for 9 1/2 hours, do what recording and editing I can, and sleep. I usually take 2 or 3 days a week off from the Youtubing so I can actually unwind and see my girlfriend and friends(who are fuckin' awesome and really supportive, btw). As I try to get a video out a day at the same time, the scheduling means I can upload multiple videos at once and then give myself a few days off! Which end up being spent on advertising the channel... :rolleyes:

i used to wonder the same thing but i always some how end up making time to record something and make it into a video. it will all balance out eventually. just make it a routine. :)

I work on a rotating roster so my 'weekends' are usually in the middle of the week. That's actually good because the house is usually empty on weekdays. I have to film on those days because there is no other morning or evening I can do it, because the house is so busy. So it helps add pressure and motivate me to actually film.

As for editing, sometimes I do it on my days off, but otherwise I do it on my lunch breaks at work because I don't have much else to do...

This is one of my biggest issues with Youtube. I am in high school, and I get a lot of homework. But what I always say is, life before Youtube. I always get my homework and other IRL stuff out of the way before I record or upload any videos. If you try doing both at the same time, you will often get overwhelmed and frustrated so I'd advise to keep it prioritized like this.

Back