How do you keep your videos at HD quality?

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
I use my parents camera (about an $800 one) and of course it has 720P HD recording. And well, I recorded an HD video with it, but whenever I upload it, the quality gets horrible, it looks like 360P?! Even with the 720P feature on! Maybe I am rendering it wrong (I do choose 1280x720)

Anyway, I doubt it is the camera. Maybe it is Windows?

How do you guys keep your videos at high quality? (look at the video on my channel and click 720P, you will know what I mean)

Ah okay :/ I would try to help but I don't know much about camtasia. I'm a Sony Vegas Pro junkie.

I know a friend that uses camtasia though! Perhaps you can get into contact with her on youtube if no one else around here has camtasia experience. Just search bluejayontoast on youtube. You should be able to find her. :)

Ah okay :/ I would try to help but I don't know much about camtasia. I'm a Sony Vegas Pro junkie.

I know a friend that uses camtasia though! Perhaps you can get into contact with her on youtube if no one else around here has camtasia experience. Just search bluejayontoast on youtube. You should be able to find her. :)

Ah thanks for the tip, I'll try and contact her.

Is it possible it could be the camera?

Not real familiar with video cameras, I've always used a webcam.

One thing I have to do with Sony Vegas though is to use the "sharpen" settings for my videos. Otherwise once youtube gets a hold of them they look all fuzzy. I also have to disable resampling because vegas likes to resample things :confused:.

Not real familiar with video cameras, I've always used a webcam.

One thing I have to do with Sony Vegas though is to use the "sharpen" settings for my videos. Otherwise once youtube gets a hold of them they look all fuzzy. I also have to disable resampling because vegas likes to resample things :confused:.

Maybe I should make the switch to Vegas.. hmmm.

Does your RAW (unedited) video file quality looks same as processed / finished video file on your PC (not uploaded yet to Youtube)?
Did you compared?

Before you answer, i try to guess that its a camera/recording thing.

Either it's 720p or its not. Multiple points determine this. You must record at 720p. The file must be supported by the video editor. Once in the editor you must render at 720p.

Back