How do you guys come up with video ideas?

OhThatsSoJames

I'm wondering how you guys come up with ideas on what to film. Do you look at stuff trending? Do you brainstorm?

Me personally, I go about my daily life until a random idea just pops in my head. I immediately note it down and then when I have time i plan in my head on how to make this idea in to a video and if the ball gets rolling and I get excited. I know I should film it

I usually brainstorm with myself, what I want to talk about. I tend to talk about travel, but it has happened that I have talked about regular life as well!

Being I'm a gaming channel it really depends what my mood is. Since my channel consists of funny content I really have to be feeling like I'm going to make people laugh if I want to do a video on that. If not I'll brainstorm rather I want to make a guide or just a relaxing commentary. It depends on my mood honestly or if I play with my friends a lot up until I'm ready to make a video. If I play with them I know we're going to have a lot of funny moments.

For the majority of my content, I just dig in the trash and see what I find (literally). I've also got a couple of videos planned that popped into my head when I found some cheap gadgets at Five Below.

Definitely viewer comments. I used to ignore viewer comments because I didn't feel like making a video based on the topics they were choosing. Eventually, I started taking on some of their ideas and more often than not, those videos did really well. Now my videos are almost exclusively based on viewer comments. Only occasionally do I make a video non-comment related.

We are getting ideas from our creativity MIND :p and also from everyday situations. We note down ideas too,when something comes to mind. :)

I've got a nice long list dedicated to what I'd like to create in future because it's my way of not screwing myself over when I'm in a creative bind and also how I convince my brain it adulted today.

Given that my channel is dedicated to two things I've been very interested in since emerging cautiously from the womb, I'm usually not short on ideas because I think of the things I genuinely want to know more about and share with friends and add those as potential future topics for a video.

I do also take viewer suggestions because they've given some fantastic ideas in the past and it's the least I can do for them putting up with ... well, me.

We're a kids channel but I get my ideas by walking in the toy shop, just while doing my daily things but also from watching other peoples channels in the same niche I'm in.

Back