How do you figure out the best time to have a card appear?

Zach Werre

How do you discover the best time to place a card in your video? How many should you have appear in a video?

i find out what times people start clicking off the video and then put a card in just before that, to stop them leaving my channel. if you go to Creator Studio > Analytics > Audience Retention (off the top of my head), click the video name and then you'll be able to see what times the retention starts dipping.

When filming a new video, I purposely refer to other videos of mine that relate to the subject. I place cards to those videos right at the mention, and often “point” into the corner that the card notification will appear.

i find out what times people start clicking off the video and then put a card in just before that, to stop them leaving my channel. if you go to Creator Studio > Analytics > Audience Retention (off the top of my head), click the video name and then you'll be able to see what times the retention starts dipping.
Awesome, thanks! Do you usually do one card for each time there is a noticeable drop in retention?

I put cards when I mention a similar subject. I don't like to put one when analytics shows people bailing out because I don't want to annoy the people are still watching the video. Why? Hardly anybody clicks on cards anyway.

I try to make them near the end on a still image. If I really liked a video, it's nice to see what other videos or things they have.

I usually have 2 cards in my videos. It depends on the length of the video of course but about two cards is the usual. But put the cards in the video whenever it it relevant to other videos I have uploaded. it is a nice way to keep people watching your videos and spending more time on your channel:)

Back