How do you edit to the beat of the song?

ThisisJericho

Hey everyone! Just wondering how do some people edit to the beat of the song? I'm trying to just make different cuts to the song and its taking me a long time. Anyone here have any tips? Thanks a lot!

You mean, like THIS?!:

The exact steps depend on what editing software you're using but having the audio-waveforms showing makes it a lot easier. You basically align your cuts with the hits/peaks/lows of the beat. If you can't see them easily you might have to listen to the music and place markers on the beats (if your software does that).
I use Final Cut Pro and after doing over 100 of this type videos for a few different channels i can almost do it with my eyes closed.

Besides what the previous member mention about marking the beats and all that, you need to also feel the connection between what you're showing with the music. I twice edited a video in which the sound of the beat it changes from color to black and white so yeah, one was with the imagine dragons every time i heard the tsk kinda sound it changed colors.

Back