How do you differentiate yourself from the masses?

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Im curious! This is a massive market with countless channels. How do you try to stand out? For us it's seyeing my Girlfriend's reaction to great games from the present and the past, at the same time we showcase the chemistry we have with each other. It's something that I think is unique. What about you?

I've been gaming my whole life, like over 10k hours.
Everyone I've ever played with looks to me for tips, tricks, advice, and consider me a great gamer.
I consider myself a better gamer than others, a professional, if you will. ;D
(I'm sure a lot gamers have this mentality)
Aside from that, I'm clever, nice, and well spoken.

I don't go out of my way. What I do is be myself. I think too many people try to turn themselves into a character actor. For some it works, but for most it just backfires.

Jeez, I couldn't have worded that out any better. I completely agree. I don't want to throw a random ratio out there but I feel like most people these days turn themselves into a character for views. If you just be YOURSELF then you never have to worry about anything backfiring and honestly it's just way more enjoyable to make content that way.

Jeez, I couldn't have worded that out any better. I completely agree. I don't want to throw a random ratio out there but I feel like most people these days turn themselves into a character for views. If you just be YOURSELF then you never have to worry about anything backfiring and honestly it's just way more enjoyable to make content that way.

Oh, stuff can still backfire, it is just less likely it will! It's all part of the game that is called YouTube. This is the internet... keyboard warriors are everywhere and you will undoubtedly tick someone off by posting something inconsistent with your usual ways.

I thought a channel from an animal shelter would be enough to differentiate and succeed, but it's not enough. I'm working on videos that show more about the shelter and about the pets after they have been adopted. Those videos are a lot harder to do so it's taking me longer to make videos because I have a steep learning curve. Learning stuff is difficult.

I try to play the games I play better than anyone else I've seen do it. Obviously, I'm not going to go back and redo it if someone else does it better after what I did, but you get the point.

I think being in the whiteboard community itself is already differentiating from the masses. But to further differentiate, I take the time to customize almost all my images instead of using the same default everyone uses and I believe my outros at the end are unique.

Back