How do you calm down while on camera?

Not sure if this is in the right section, I apologize if it's not.

How do you calm yourself down while on camera? I've noticed that when I start my videos I'm kind of nervous and tense but as the video progresses I relax a bit more. Do you have any tips on how to stay relaxed from start to finish?
Do a run through or 2 before you start, it'll loosen you up so you sound more natural.

Well, it really does get easier as you record more videos, so you could record some that you won't put up. Just for fun, you know? I wanted to make videos since I was like twelve, so I have been recording myself on camera for quite some time now. None of it has been uploaded (and it won't be), but it helps calm your nerves over time. Also, act really stupid when you get nervous. You can either edit out later or put it in, your choice. I usually end up dancing or making silly faces, laughing at myself, and feeling a lot better. Unless you are making a serious vlog, it should work for you. Oh! If you use a script, you may not want to look at it for the first half of the video. When I'm nervous, I tend to do things by the book. So, if you don't look, maybe you'll be able to speak your mind more?

Deep breaths before speaking.

Though after a while, the nervousness in front of a camera goes away. My biggest nervous point is the moment just before I upload a video lol

There's no reason to be nervous, if anybody wants to judge you screw them, they must care about you enough to comment on your emotions in videos.

Back