How DO You Build a Community?

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Are there any secrets to building a community on YouTube? If so, what are they? Any tips, at least? Or does it just come with time?

time and engagement, engagement both in the videos themselves. such as talking about a funny comment you or a tweet. also asking your viewers questions and just getting them involved. but the biggest thing is replying to all your comments, really get involved in the comments, maybe play games with viewers, chat to them on twitter, ask them for video idea's give the odd shout out to someone thats really supported you and left lots of comments. just include them in everything you do

time and engagement, engagement both in the videos themselves. such as talking about a funny comment you or a tweet. also asking your viewers questions and just getting them involved. but the biggest thing is replying to all your comments, really get involved in the comments, maybe play games with viewers, chat to them on twitter, ask them for video idea's give the odd shout out to someone thats really supported you and left lots of comments. just include them in everything you do
Thank you!

We're getting a bunch of foreign language comments. It's a challenge understanding then thinking how to reply. We've had Arabic, Greek, Korean, Japanese and a few more.[DOUBLEPOST=1472348695,1472348586][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are there any secrets to building a community on YouTube? If so, what are they? Any tips, at least? Or does it just come with time?
Some bigger channels ask questions and people reply. Like 'whats you favorite ice cream flavor' That seems to work and we started doing that.

Definitely take your commenters seriously, as well. You can engage in comments, but if they are consistently telling or asking you things and you're ignoring that entirely (you don't have to let them dictate what you do or say, just acknowledge it's there), then they'll lose trust in you, for sure.

Respond to comments, but also consider responding with a question to get a dialogue starting. For my viewers who I see are often commenting, I check out their channel and comment on theirs. This potentially starts a relationship.

Definitely take your commenters seriously, as well. You can engage in comments, but if they are consistently telling or asking you things and you're ignoring that entirely (you don't have to let them dictate what you do or say, just acknowledge it's there), then they'll lose trust in you, for sure.
I will keep that in mind! I always answer comments that are not spam![DOUBLEPOST=1472396104,1472396074][/DOUBLEPOST]
Respond to comments, but also consider responding with a question to get a dialogue starting. For my viewers who I see are often commenting, I check out their channel and comment on theirs. This potentially starts a relationship.
Thank you!

Back