How do they do it?

aussj4link

I've Got It
After spending the past day and a half making my last video I was wondering how do big YouTubers like Markiplier, PewDiePie, Tobygames, etc, produce and upload 3 or 4 videos a day? I don't think it's lack of editing really as there appears to be plenty of that. Also they must have great upload speed as I'm running 5mb upload speed but it still takes 3 hours to upload 3gb and that's the best I can buy right now. They seem to make very high quality videos with a high amount of editing extremely quickly. It takes me waay too long in comparison.

Oh wow 3 gb videos? You may want to compress that before uploading. Handbrake is good and free, my 1080p videos that are 10 minutes long only take around 400 megabytes.

It's because it's their full time job for most of them so they have alot more time to get it done unlike the rest of us who have to work full time.

They work full time towards youtube and they have been doing it a while do they know the most efficient ways to edit ect.

They do it full time and spend way more time working then your average 9-5 job.

3gb video is ridiculous. a 10 minute full HD video should be a 500mb tops.
Game videos are very easy to produce. Especially game commentators like toby.
Sit down, record for a half hour. Slap it into your video template, render out with intro and outro.
Upload.
It would take me 3 hours tops for recording rendering and uploading.

And then you can record them in bulk as well. Record for 5 hours. Set them in your render queue over night with your intro and outros.
Then you have videos for the next week or more.

If it is sketches that is a whole different story. But simple start and stop commentary is as simple as it gets.

Well their job is YouTube. So they can record/edit/upload any time of the day, any day of the week. They spend just as much time doing YouTube things as someone with a normal full time job.

They also record a bunch in advance. The videos that go up were probably recorded a few days ago, or even longer. Since gaming videos are fairly easy to produce, all you do is play a game and record yourself, then put it together, you can get out a lot of content fairly quickly.

I'd like to challenge all vloggers that say producing gaming videos is easy to producing one :p It all depends, it can be very easy, or it can be very time consuming depending on what you're trying to accomplish. One could say the same about vlogging. Get in front of a camera, rant about something random and done in 10 minutes ;)

I do run it through handbrake before uploading but 3gb is the smallest it goes, before that its at about 40gb+.

I'd like to challenge all vloggers that say producing gaming videos is easy to producing one :p It all depends, it can be very easy, or it can be very time consuming depending on what you're trying to accomplish. One could say the same about vlogging. Get in front of a camera, rant about something random and done in 10 minutes ;)
Exactly

I do run it through handbrake before uploading but 3gb is the smallest it goes, before that its at about 40gb+.
Oh wow you may want to play around a bit with the settings. 40 gb is crazy long, I don't have as much experience with handbrake since I use Adobe media encoder, but you may want to do a google search to fine tune those settings that will still give you good quality while sizing it down well. h264 is your friend, use it.

Back