How do I/you do it?

In socialblade there is that thing for channel type. How do you display the type? Mine is blank.

View attachment 32016
Socialblade updates it by itself. They scan your uploads and judge it based on the majority of your videos' categories. YouTube use to let you set your channel type back in the day, but this is how Socialblade does it.

Last edited:
Socialblade updates it by itself. They scan your uploads and judge it based on the majority of your videos' categories. YouTube use to let you set your channel type back in the day, but this is how Socialblade does it.
Ah I see~ Just weird how I've set the video category to 1 type since the start for all my videos but it never updated, so I thought there was another way to do it. Oh well.. *shrug*

Thank you for the answer. ^^

Ah I see~ Just weird how I've set the video category to 1 type since the start for all my videos but it never updated, so I thought there was another way to do it. Oh well.. *shrug*

Thank you for the answer. ^^
From what I hear, it takes at least a month to update that type of information in Soicalblade. If you've been uploading for longer than a month, then I don't know what's up with it.

From what I hear, it takes at least a month to update that type of information in Socialblade. If you've been uploading for longer than a month, then I don't know what's up with it.
Yep. That's why I asked. lol I literally posted my first video around 2 days after I created the account, so my channel has been around for 6 months. I thought it should update by now, maybe I'm not doing something that they usually look for or something. =_=;

I don't mind it too much because its just socialblade. Was just curious why some has it and some doesn't.

Mine doesn't have it either, and I've had my channel for almost a year with the majority of my videos being of the same type.

Mine doesn't have it either, and I've had my channel for almost a year with the majority of my videos being of the same type.
When I read this thread, I tried to look into it to see all of the possibilities for why it wouldn't show up on there. Socialblade, I will say, has come a long way since they first began. I'm sure that you've been making videos for at least over a month, but they judge it only based on the majority of your videos' category, not the channel necessarily. When you first made your channel could also play a role in this, if you can only search for people on the site who have /user/ urls. I don't know this as I'm not at least half way active when it comes to using Socialblade, but it's a possibility. I personally believe that they should change it to where you can add your channel type on YouTube, like back in the old days, and just update the info from that section of the site. It would make things more organized and it would generalize what you do to other YouTubers who don't know what you primarily do on there. I'd say since it hasn't changed for you, I'd contact the people at Socialblade and see if they can do anything about it. You can never go wrong doing that. Sometimes, the site probably glitches and it doesn't update it as well as it should. Thanks for sharing that, btw, as I hope that more people will point that out so that way someone can fix this problem that others have been having.

When I read this thread, I tried to look into it to see all of the possibilities for why it wouldn't show up on there. Socialblade, I will say, has come a long way since they first began. I'm sure that you've been making videos for at least over a month, but they judge it only based on the majority of your videos' category, not the channel necessarily. When you first made your channel could also play a role in this, if you can only search for people on the site who have /user/ urls. I don't know this as I'm not at least half way active when it comes to using Socialblade, but it's a possibility. I personally believe that they should change it to where you can add your channel type on YouTube, like back in the old days, and just update the info from that section of the site. It would make things more organized and it would generalize what you do to other YouTubers who don't know what you primarily do on there. I'd say since it hasn't changed for you, I'd contact the people at Socialblade and see if they can do anything about it. You can never go wrong doing that. Sometimes, the site probably glitches and it doesn't update it as well as it should. Thanks for sharing that, btw, as I hope that more people will point that out so that way someone can fix this problem that others have been having.
Thanks, I will definitely contact Socialblade about it!

Calm down, Charlie Brown. *cough* :)

I'm not in a rush but thank you for doing the research. It would be nice to find out why there's no channel type shown. From reading betwixt the lines of what you said, I concluded that since SocialBlade isn't updating, it could also mean that even YouTube is confused as to what type of channel it is, right? That's a possibility in itself. Hmm... this is interesting. hmm

Is the channel type important for SEO or placing in YouTube? I do think it could be important so that YouTube knows where to suggest the videos to other similar videos from similar channels and the like. Hmm.. What do you think?

Calm down, Charlie Brown. *cough* :)

I'm not in a rush but thank you for doing the research. It would be nice to find out why there's no channel type shown. From reading betwixt the lines of what you said, I concluded that since SocialBlade isn't updating, it could also mean that even YouTube is confused as to what type of channel it is, right? That's a possibility in itself. Hmm... this is interesting. hmm

Is the channel type important for SEO or placing in YouTube? I do think it could be important so that YouTube knows where to suggest the videos to other similar videos from similar channels and the like. Hmm.. What do you think?
Lol well it's not just you guys who have this problem, apparently. I think it'll help others who are wondering the same things. I don't think it's YouTube that confusing, since they no longer have the option to choose your channel type in the first place. That's merely for Socialblade and their statistics. It's not that important for SEO or placing in YouTube, though it helps to identify what your channel primarily is about. I think that's why people use tags on YouTube. It suggests similar videos based on your tags and what your video is about.

Back