How Do I Move My Channel to Another Account/Person/Email?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
I started to go through the process of moving one of my channels to a different email address. I got a scary warning that everything on the new email address account/channel would be deleted - videos, subscribers, etc..
So what is the correct process to move my channel from my gmail account A (an old email address) to my new Gmail account B (new email with a few other channels connected) without wiping out everything?

First, click your channel icon on the top right hand corner. Then on the gear like image (youtube settings) next to the creator studio button.

Once you click that you'll open up into the settings overview page.... go down to "Add or remove managers"

That will take you to the Google Plus page that has your brand Account Details of your channel.

Click on the "manage permissions" button and then a pop up will appear. On the top right of the popup you will find a +sign together with an image of a person click on that.

Now another popup will appear asking you to add a new user. Paste in the "new email address you want your channel on and then choose the role as managers and click on the invite button.

Next, go to the new email address and add accept the request sent by youtube.

Go back to your channel and sign in follow the steps again to get to the "manage permission popup".

Now next to the new email account, click on the arrow pointing down and choose"primary owner" from the options that appear.

Click the transfer button to save your changes. Now I think you have to wait for at least a day to let the transfer complete and that's it. Hope this is helpful.

I think the same thing happened to I Hate Everything channel. You might want to take a look at that video because it is helpful for a lot of people who are having this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back