How do I get permission from another user?

Jamie Lee Bones

Hey guys!
I had a video idea for my channel where I wanted to react to another persons video. Their video was a "try not to" video and I honestly think it would be hilarious, entertaining and just fun :)
But I can't seem to find a way to contact this person.
Their channel isn't very established so there's no 'About' page and their Instagram is set to private.
Any suggestions?

Leave a comment on the video you want to use! That is the fastest, most direct way. Mention that you love the video and just ask if you would be alowed to use it for a reaction video.

it also depends what the content you want to use is and how you want to use it. if your use of the footage fundamentally alters it to a point where its barely recognizable or your using the video as part of a piece used for commentary, parody or critique it can become a transformative work which is covered by fair use meaning you dont have to seek permission.

Though that being said Dutchie has a point; I personally would always try and get the blessing of the footage rights holder before just going ahead and using it... and the best way to do that if they dont have a contact page would be to leave a comment. If they cant be reached then they cant be reached but it never hurts to get them on board with your plans.the last thing you want to do is upset someone by using there footage when it may have personal or sentimental value :)

Back