How did you first come across YouTube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro

Icarus
This might be difficult if you've been a long time youtuber, but here we go:

How did you first come across YouTube?

I vaguely remember coming across it sometime in 2005 when my friend linked me to a random video (forget what it was) in school.

That is a tough one to remember! I think I was linked a video of a guy shooting his gun (a real gun, not his...yea) Back in 2005 if I remember correctly...

YouTube 4ever!!!

Jonathan

I came across youtube in 2006 When I started Blogging. I had watched some videos a Blogger had uploaded a few times. I even attempted to upload one but being so scared of people seeing it I deleted it lol.

I came across youtube in 2006 When I started Blogging. I had watched some videos a Blogger had uploaded a few times. I even attempted to upload one but being so scared of people seeing it I deleted it lol.
I just became your 250th subscriber! You are doing an awesome thing! Sun up to sun down!... Just had to state that here! Keep it up!

Jonathan

Oh wow.... I can't tell you when I first watched youtube, I was probably about 21 or so.... but I CAN tell you when I first became aware that youtube was a community. I watched it for years like it was just a video wasteland, just a place to be entertained, and somehow never really paid attention or thought anything of it when I saw a "subscribe" annotation or anything like that, it was about oh I dunno... I want to say maybe a year ago? Something like that, that I was looking up stuff, and I kept realizing that this same dude was popping up all over the place and I was like "who the heck IS that???" And it was Shane Dawson, and I was like "why does he pop up on sooo much stuff that I search???" Cause I wasn't clicking his links, I was just going "there he is AGAIN!!!" So I finally watched one of his videos and it became clear to me I was like "this dude has an empire, he's living off of youtube" I didn't realize people DID that. I thought youtube was just tons of "kid gets punched" "Baby laughs real hard" You know I thought it was like an endless "america's funniest home videos"

Now granted I had wanted to make my own youtube channel for years prior to that, but I didn't realize that it could make me money, nor did I realize I could build a subscriber base, I thought it was a crap shoot to just see if lots of people would send links of the video, I didn't realize you could actually build a fanbase and a sub base. So yes, Shane Dawson about a year ago, made youtube "click" in my brain. When I first saw a video off youtube? No idea, but that was when it first made sense to me and I understood this was a community, not a gigantic TV set.

I was the same as Symph, I just watched things on there and never signed up and even when I eventually did I didnt bother with the member features, it was through my girlfriend becoming active on there around 3 years ago roughly that I started liking it more and started to know about channels, channel design and so on, to me it was like Symph described, just a large collection of videos.

well first i watched stuff on newgrounds.com i think that was all the rave back in the earlly 2000's when the net era boomed.. then someone sent me this video on msn of these two crazy kids singing the Pokemon theme, i believe that was my first experience with youtube,i may have watched something else first but those two kids where the most memorable video....oh yeah,those two crazy kids ..yeah it's Smosh those youtube dinosaurs! hahaha i've been a member since 2006 which is wierd you'd think i would have uploaded the videos im uploading today back then,but instead we put all these videos on a dvd and sold them for 10 bucks a pop LOL!!! we made over 100 bucks hahahaha. we where young...and stupid...haha. but yeah! glad to be making movies again,and putting them on youtube!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back