How can I lose VIEWS?!?!?!

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Okay, I get how I can lose subscribers. They subscribe and then unsubscribe. No mystery there. But how can I lose views? How do people UNsee a video? I have a video on my new channel ("Decker Poker") that got 8.5K views. For my little channel, that was phenomenal. Buuuttt merely a couple days later, the views dropped to 4.2K. What?!?! How???

I've had the same happen to me when one day last year my total views dropped by 369. Socialblade shows my channel's views for 2017/10/28 as being -369. That's a huge lot of people "unseeing" my videos (I basically had merely one video of interest on the channel that time)

Just checked for your channel... there's indeed a huge drop in views.

socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCuDvWWohGNZXlzukhty277w/monthly

Guess that's the wildest Socialblade channel chart I've ever seen.

Last edited:
I think it diss-counts low value views.. People that maybe clicked on it and straight off again. If so check you don't have a click bait like thumbnail. I think it also dis-counts views all coming from the same ip which might occur when people try cheat by buying views etc. It will take off any of your own view eventually as well.

It could also be that it may remove the views that you yourself bring to the video, if you watch your own videos, but that wouldn´t explain the massive loss. It could be those who click on it and also leave immediately! Otherwise, I don´t know!

I saw your other posts on this and checked out your Decker Poker channel. There's definitely something weird going on. According to Tube Buddy you have less than 10K total views, but about 1,700 subs. I wouldn't say that's impossible, but it certainly is highly unlikely.

I guess all you can do is keep producing videos, ignore the stats, and if the problem is with the YouTube algorithm then it will sort itself out with time.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. This is what stats look like when you buy subscribers and buy views. It is painfully obvious.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. This is what stats look like when you buy subscribers and buy views. It is painfully obvious.
Or an issue elsewhere? So lets not assume. (Until he confirms!)
@Jack Decker - Have you ever purchased fake subs/views? I dont have any problem with it but it will help to advise further if we know the facts.

I have a video on my new channel ("Decker Poker") that got 8.5K views

your signature button links to old channel though (if I got it right) and no link to new channel in description exists?

:)

This is what stats look like when you buy subscribers and buy views

..and this is how Youtube sees it...
(eh not ashamed to admit it is my previous channel)

1.thumb.jpg.8264701359a2718765128ee8aedb5281.jpg

Back