How beneficial has scripting been for your content?

Hollysaurus

Liking YTtalk
I'm wondering if I should spend more time scripting the basic skeleton of my videos. I don't want to seem fake either! Have any of you noticed a difference in your videos when scripting or not?!

I've looked at some of your videos and in my opinion for unboxing videos I don't so much think that it should be scripted more just think of a few categories to cover or a few things to address the other videos on your channel don't really need to be scripted since they are just hauls challenges and vlogs

I've looked at some of your videos and in my opinion for unboxing videos I don't so much think that it should be scripted more just think of a few categories to cover or a few things to address the other videos on your channel don't really need to be scripted since they are just hauls challenges and vlogs
Sweet thanks.. The reason being is a few friends have said that I go off topic too much?! So they thought maybe if I scripted, that it would be better and I could let more of my personality show ?!

Yeah it just really depends on what kind of channel you want to make if you wanna do more factual and well studied videos I recommend scripting but if you just wanna be yourself and go with the flow then you probably wouldn't need to script as much its just like WatchMojo .Com does more factual videos but does not connect with there audience as much as vloggers and people who show themselves on camera and act more as if they are talking to an audience

On my kind of videos (at least the regular reviews) scripting is fundamental, first off because of the language barrier (that may be full of holes but is still there), also to avoid excessive derailment, awkward silences and be able to keep it short but sweet. Still, I keep the scripts as a basic path, it's not unusual for me to divert from it by using different words, adding new details on the fly or stuff like that.

You should just talk straight and not do scripts until you've got more of a flow on what your doing, eventually lot's of sentences will come out natural anyway.

Like your video wacky widgets, at the start you seemed to be reading off a script and struggled with words like contraptions.
also I kept looking over my left shoulder because it seemed you were looking that way, your much more engaging when looking directly at the camera, whatever it is your looking at, put a towel over it.

also when you said.. "for today's wacky widget we have" it sounded like you were kinda making a mockery of it.
the best part of that little bit was just after when you said.. "bubble pony tailer" it was very fast and natural, I imagine that's really you.

so I think i'm saying, talk as if your just talking to a friend on the phone, that's what i'd want to listen to with your kind of video's. Just you naturally.

Your good to look at, nice skin and armpits and I do like bushy eyebrows so let 'em grow :)

You should just talk straight and not do scripts until you've got more of a flow on what your doing, eventually lot's of sentences will come out natural anyway.

Like your video wacky widgets, at the start you seemed to be reading off a script and struggled with words like contraptions.
also I kept looking over my left shoulder because it seemed you were looking that way, your much more engaging when looking directly at the camera, whatever it is your looking at, put a towel over it.

also when you said.. "for today's wacky widget we have" it sounded like you were kinda making a mockery of it.
the best part of that little bit was just after when you said.. "bubble pony tailer" it was very fast and natural, I imagine that's really you.

so I think i'm saying, talk as if your just talking to a friend on the phone, that's what i'd want to listen to with your kind of video's. Just you naturally.

Your good to look at, nice skin and armpits and I do like bushy eyebrows so let 'em grow :)

Thank you! That's great feedback!! I'm still learning and just trying to get comfortable! Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback. It really helps a lot

Because I tend to do more travel related vlogs, scripting wouldn't work for the vast majority of my videos. However, If I'm offering travel advice (I've just posted a video to my channel regarding how to apply for an Indian e-visa) I tend to bullet point the points I want to talk about it and freestyle from there.

A "script" isn't always a good idea, but what's really helped me (I also can go off topic, or forget to mention important points) is making a few bullet points to just guide me in the right direction.

No word-for-word thing, just a few key phrases to keep me on track.

Back