getrektson

I've Got It
So I was browsing through youtube channels for some laugh and I came across a vid that is pretty popular, I happen to look at its refererrs through vidIQ and found that it has 800+! but here is the weird thing, they arn't related to the topic. How are these videos at random sites being referred to? Its been bothering me. Haha. BTW, you'll need VidIQ to see the referrer list.

Image of my screenshot:
Referrer_Image.png

I've posted this on reddit NewTubers a while back but haven't gotten anything. Does anyone have any ideas? whats going on with the referrer system from VidIQ. ?

That is so strange....
Yup, I would understand if they get alot from random referrers sharing it with their friends, but those vids can also be found on random sites that have no business with those videos. Some big videos have them, others do not. So I don't see a pattern yet? I thought it would be interesting to discuss. Or I might just be looking into it too much ahaha.

Might be some content fetching bots. Some of my more popular videos also are listed on some very random websites. Either they're just reposting YT videos on their site for whatever reason or they're using the video as some sort of metadata.

You know what guys? I think I figured it out! It might be the songs that are associated with the vid. I just recently uploaded a CSGo Frag video with a song on the background. Rameses B - Beside You (feat. Soundr). and what do you know, the bug happened. Tons of referrers on the video (It doesn't affect the video views though) I'm just guessing but it might be because of the song that the video is getting referred all over the place. Must be a bug on VidIQ or these websites are fetching the song from the vid. Once again, it does not improve your video search. As you can see, my video only has 56 views.

Attachments

• ReferrerSolved.png
    ReferrerSolved.png
    82 KB · Views: 5
How good is VidIQ? I see a lot of posts using it and I'm thinking of getting it. Is there anything similar to it?

How good is VidIQ? I see a lot of posts using it and I'm thinking of getting it. Is there anything similar to it?
There is Social Blade, but I like the features of VIdIQ better, just the way the User Interface works. I like using it to sort of peek into my "competition" people who do similar videos, it inspires me or gives me more ideas about how I should tag my videos. Haha - Some of the bigger youtube just put one word.. a little jealous but its good to know ahaha

VIQ is a nice alternative to TubeBuddy, but too bad they can't run alongside and VIQ is somewhat more restrictive than TB.

Back