Honest Channel Feedback

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Hey all,

Looking for some honest channel feedback. Quick backstory, I just started my channel last month so I fully expect lots of constructive criticism. What I am looking for specifically is:

Titles/Descriptions good for SEO?
Thumbnail feedback?
Types of video feedback?

Thanks in advance!

First impression: Nice, clear header. You can see you put some effort in that. Not really a fan of the avatar, since you're facing away from the camera and your face is very small on it. The channel trailer is short and snappy, however your voice is too soft. I had to turn up the volume quite a bit, but then the background music was really interfering with your story.

Videos and thumbnails: From the popular upload videos I can immediately tell you are a vlog channel. However, the playlist suggest you do some challenges and reactions as well, so that placement is very good. It gives a quick, clean overview of your channel. The tumbnails on the recommended videos are mweh. They look like screenshots with no edditting or effort. The thumbnails in your more recent videos look much better, though I would avoid using pictures with white squares around them (such as your video of 'No option'). One thing I notice is that there is no consistency. It might be better to make a 'template'. Such as always having your face on the left, or using smileys consistenly in every thumbnail. This makes videos immediatly recognizable as 'Lasergo videos'.

I don't have time to watch any, sadly, so I can't really say anything about your content. I hope I helped a bit though!

I just checked out your channel, I'm going to watch a few more videos when I have the time. For constructive criticism I would advice you to create a longer and more detailed channel trailer. Leaving this on a good note, I really enjoy your channel art!

Hey!

I just saw your channel. I agree with others that your trailer should be a bit longer and tell more details of what your all about and maybe WHY your doing this channel in the first place!!

Most important ...... Dump the Sunglasses! Yes, they are cool and everything, BUT, I spent 25 years in Customer Service retail. In our training they tell us that when we are talking to our customers to be sure to maintain eye contact at ALL TIMES! That way, when the customer is talking, they know that they have your attention. If you want to keep your viewers attention, then look them in the eye while they are listening to you doing whatever your doing!

MAKE EYE CONTACT through the entire videos that you make. It's like your sitting down together talking about whatever each video is all about!

Look around at other channels that do lots of different subjects and regardless of quality or topic, most of them are not hiding behind a pair of sunglasses! In a way, it keeps a silent "distance" between you and your viewers! Whatever you do, you want to engage your viewers and you simply cannot do that when there is a pair of dark glasses in between you and your viewers. Besides, your a nice looking guy with a great smile and a look that as long as people can see your entire face is very inviting to want to spend time with you on your channel!

Also, like the one about cringing when kissing someone, be sure at the end of the video to have a "call to action", and invite people to comment about what THEY would do in whatever situation your individual video is all about!

I've not read any of the above posts so I'm not influenced by anything and give my honest opinion, so apologies if anything is repeated!

If I'm completely honest, your thumbnails started out great but then look a little too over-done now. (I really can't talk myself as I photoshop my thumbnails, however I don't have a camera in most of my vids so it's kind of difficult not to lmao)

Your personality seems great for YouTube, you come across as really enthusiastic and interesting which is spot on. Keep it up! Also your header on your channel is spot on.

You're also attracting a lot of views, I see some of your vids have got into the 1000s, great work on that. Trending content will always attract new people.

Basically just keep going as you are - you're definitely going in the right direction for success and I wish you all the best brother :)

Hey!

I just saw your channel. I agree with others that your trailer should be a bit longer and tell more details of what your all about and maybe WHY your doing this channel in the first place!!

Most important ...... Dump the Sunglasses! Yes, they are cool and everything, BUT, I spent 25 years in Customer Service retail. In our training they tell us that when we are talking to our customers to be sure to maintain eye contact at ALL TIMES! That way, when the customer is talking, they know that they have your attention. If you want to keep your viewers attention, then look them in the eye while they are listening to you doing whatever your doing!

MAKE EYE CONTACT through the entire videos that you make. It's like your sitting down together talking about whatever each video is all about!

Look around at other channels that do lots of different subjects and regardless of quality or topic, most of them are not hiding behind a pair of sunglasses! In a way, it keeps a silent "distance" between you and your viewers! Whatever you do, you want to engage your viewers and you simply cannot do that when there is a pair of dark glasses in between you and your viewers. Besides, your a nice looking guy with a great smile and a look that as long as people can see your entire face is very inviting to want to spend time with you on your channel!

Also, like the one about cringing when kissing someone, be sure at the end of the video to have a "call to action", and invite people to comment about what THEY would do in whatever situation your individual video is all about!
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback![DOUBLEPOST=1503580026,1503579995][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've not read any of the above posts so I'm not influenced by anything and give my honest opinion, so apologies if anything is repeated!

If I'm completely honest, your thumbnails started out great but then look a little too over-done now. (I really can't talk myself as I photoshop my thumbnails, however I don't have a camera in most of my vids so it's kind of difficult not to lmao)

Your personality seems great for YouTube, you come across as really enthusiastic and interesting which is spot on. Keep it up! Also your header on your channel is spot on.

You're also attracting a lot of views, I see some of your vids have got into the 1000s, great work on that. Trending content will always attract new people.

Basically just keep going as you are - you're definitely going in the right direction for success and I wish you all the best brother :)
Which thumbnails do you think I should focus back on?

Thank you for the feedback!

Back