Help With Reoccurring Copyright Claims

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Hi all,

My channel (where I record & upload original nature recordings to) gets copyright claims like you wouldn’t believe. It’s understandable as bird calls do sound similar, meaning, you can identify a species of bird by its call .. so the algorithm (if that’s what they use) is always mistaking my recording of say, a blackbird, with someone else’s recording of a blackbird.

So even though it’s a pain having to contest all the copyright claims, all of which I’ve won, I do understand why it happens.

What I don’t understand is, (& this is what I need help with) all of the copyright claims recently have been coming from channels &/or music publisher that have only uploaded or published their audio recordings recently .. & they’re claiming copyright over my audio recordings that were uploaded 8 to 12 years ago .. so who is copyrighting who here?

Up until now, I’ve just left it, but it’s happening more & more, it’s becoming a pain & more importantly, maybe I should start making copyright claims against them, especially CD Baby, an online distributor of music, who only yesterday, has made yet another copyright claim against an 8 year-old recording of mine, that apparently matches content on an album that they released only two weeks ago.

So is there a way for me to check who’s using my recordings online, I feel it’s time to fight back & give them a taste of their own medicine.

Sorry for waffling & thanks for any help

Exploring Moral Dilemmas in Your Writing
Moral dilemmas add depth and complexity to a story, challenging https://royalwriter.co.uk/blog/essay-about-fairness characters and prompting thought-provoking questions. Writers should introduce ethical conflicts that force characters to make difficult choices, exploring the consequences and moral implications of their decisions.

Back