Help: Problem with views and subs not adding up

Status
Not open for further replies.

IoT

I just started my channel two days, here's what happens:

Day 1: 0 subs obviously and no videos.
Later that evening I create my first video and post it - it has about 300 views.
I noticed on desktop browser I have 32 subs (even though I can only see 2 of them listed in subscribers)
The app then takes a good 2 hours to update and it also shows me having 32 subs too.

Then my Ipad beeps 3 times, 3 comments at almost the same time appear on my comment of the video...
I check the video once more and see the views has hit 1.5k, however oddly, not a single increase to subs or any new comments.
I then wake up half way though the night and check the video again...13.5k views!? This can't possibly be correct on the basis that there hasn't been a single comment since the ones at 300 views, and my subs this morning (day 2) are still at 32. YouTube analytics is showing 13k views but subs says zero? But they are there on my profile.
I guess I'm just absolutely astonished that from 13.5k views no a single person has commented (or even liked/disliked) and my subs haven't increased or decreased. Is there a 24 hour delay on the subs? It still doesn't explain no comments, I'm shocked there's not just been 1 more comment with 13k views? Any ideas?

I'm not sure I got about 1700 views on one of my videos but it's also been up for eleven months. Maybe you just got a lot of views from the initial upload and people just glanced over it. Did the vies continue to add up over the course of a week?[DOUBLEPOST=1485619906,1485619639][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to say I also have about eight comments on the video.

I'm not sure I got about 1700 views on one of my videos but it's also been up for eleven months. Maybe you just got a lot of views from the initial upload and people just glanced over it. Did the vies continue to add up over the course of a week?[DOUBLEPOST=1485619906,1485619639][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to say I also have about eight comments on the video.

No Idea I'm lost. None of the figures added up so I refused to believe in 18 hours it had 13k views. My friend checked it on his device and confirmed it has got 13k views.
It's just so odd, it started off so slow hit 1.5k then by the time I woke up it went insane....6k view from mexico alone. Like you say they may have just watched 30+ seconds of it. Even if they couldn't understand English the graphics in my animation are quite eye catching, they may have persisted and then registered as a view despite seeing only 1/5 of the video.
Yeah so 8 comments on 1700 views seems right to me, 13k with 6 comments doesn't - but most might be non English speakers so don't know if it was good or not, hence the lack of thumbs up and down.

Well it's been live bang on 24 hours now and the views are steady (150 views today) but drastically reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back