HELP! Problem linking Adsense account to 2nd YT channel!?

TR1PP1N

I have TWO different Youtube channels, EACH associated with a different Google Account.

Just to be clear: "Channel 1" requires me to sign in as "Google 1" to manage, and "Channel 2" requires me to sign in as "Google 2."

I have already successfully set up an active and working Adsense account/monetization with "Channel 1" under "Google 1".
I then tried to do the same thing with Channel 2, and my application was rejected.
I know this is because you are only allowed to have one Adsense account.

Now, however, I am having problems linking my Adsense account to Channel 2/Google 2 by changing the Adsense account association for Channel 2. When I log in as Google 2 and start the monetization steps, it says:

"You are currently signed into the Google Account "Google2@gmail.com", which is either not an active AdSense account, or still pending an approval. This account cannot be used to monetize your content."

Fine, so I click the button labeled "Create or use another account," click "sign in," and log into Google 1's account (the one that already has Adsense), but it takes me back to the SAME EXACT page before, saying again:

"You are currently signed into the Google Account "Google2@gmail.com", which is either not an active AdSense account, or still pending an approval. This account cannot be used to monetize your content."

What is going on? It's not allowing me to sign into Google 1 from the Adsense page from Channel 2, even though that appears EXACTLY what the site wants me to do if I want to link them to one existing Adsense account. Is this an error? I clearly followed each step carefully, but it just keeps going in a loop.

I've already tried clearing my browser cache (I'm using Firefox), making sure I am doing everything through one tab (so that I can't be logged into more than one account at once).

Obviously, I already asked this on the official Google/YT forums with no response, so I'm at my last legs here, I figured this forum would have more responsive knowledge about issues like these.

If this issue persists, I may just have to buy a "burner phone" in order to create a 2nd Adsense account, possibly violating their "terms of use." I don't understand why Youtube/Google has such ineffective management of one of their primary features... =P

Thanks in advance,
-TR1P

EDIT/UPDATE: SOLVED
After some more digging around, I found a successful workaround here:

Still, I can't believe that you have to use a workaround like this... Google/YT hasn't fixed this OBVIOUS bug in over 2 years!?!? Ridiculous!

Last edited:
Back