Help needed with resolutions!

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Hi there,

I have a question about resolutions. It is as follows, i upload .flv files as videos and record my screen at 30fps with a 1680x1050 resolution which is 16:10. So i know i have black bars at the sides (hope something will fix this in the furute with already uploaded videos).

How is it possible that i have only 720p (HD) available on Youtube, but on Dailymotion i can choose 1080p (HD)? It are exact the same video's.

Hey there,

As 1080p is 1920 x 1080,
and 720p is 1280 x 720

Your video's height is 1050, which is less than 1080.

YouTube is probably looking at the height (1050) and seeing that it's less than 1080, so converting it down to 720,
and Dailymotion is probably seeing that it's over 720 and converting it up.

if that's the only resolution you can work with as raw footage, then the only thing I can think of that I can suggest you have it edited in the full screen via your editor, then when rendering, set the output to the 1080 or 720 resolution, the quality will be slightly affected but it will remove the black bars youtube places. hope this helps.

if that's the only resolution you can work with as raw footage, then the only thing I can think of that I can suggest you have it edited in the full screen via your editor, then when rendering, set the output to the 1080 or 720 resolution, the quality will be slightly affected but it will remove the black bars youtube places. hope this helps.

I already have a good screen for 1080p videos now. It was an old post. But thanks for the tip!

Back