[Help] All my videos have copyrighted music

Simply Magic

If I were to privatize all of them, would I still get claimed by the music companies?
Or is the only way to delete the videos all together?

How can youtubers such as highlight factory have music that I get copyrighted for but he doesn't.

Thanks.

To my belief, you should be fine for it to be privatized only for your viewing (as this can't be seen to others nor companies) But, if you private it for a link (Only viewers with the link can see it) That can still be claimed.

How can youtubers such as highlight factory have music that I get copyrighted for but he doesn't.

He would of brought a copyright notice from the provider. If not, he could edited the audio.

I once uploaded a video private with copyright material and I still got a copyright claim.

I don't know about Highlight Factory but I do know that there something like fair use, which allows you to use copyright material but only if you criticize it or make fun of it. (Like a parody)

Even set to private, you're videos can be caught by Content ID.

That said, what is your concern? For the vast majority of music, all that should happen is the music owner monetizing your videos and collecting all money earned, but you won't get a DMCA takedown notice or a copyright strike.

The other YouTube channels could have purchased the required licenses (they're not too expensive), be a part of a network that does the licensing for them, or they could have been issued acclaim from Content ID and their videos aren't monetized by them.

There are plenty of options, but you shouldn't worry about what the next guy is doing...and, instead, simply focus on yourself and making sure that you either understand and follow all laws or that your prepared for any consequences.

I've moved your thread to the copyright forum.

Note to everyone: Before replying, please read this ->
Sorry for the trouble[DOUBLEPOST=1475263694,1475263577][/DOUBLEPOST]
I once uploaded a video private with copyright material and I still got a copyright claim.

I don't know about Highlight Factory but I do know that there something like fair use, which allows you to use copyright material but only if you criticize it or make fun of it. (Like a parody)

Yah exactly what i'm scared off. What happened after?
Even set to private, you're videos can be caught by Content ID.

That said, what is your concern? For the vast majority of music, all that should happen is the music owner monetizing your videos and collecting all money earned, but you won't get a DMCA takedown notice or a copyright strike.

The other YouTube channels could have purchased the required licenses (they're not too expensive), be a part of a network that does the licensing for them, or they could have been issued acclaim from Content ID and their videos aren't monetized by them.

There are plenty of options, but you shouldn't worry about what the next guy is doing...and, instead, simply focus on yourself and making sure that you either understand and follow all laws or that your prepared for any consequences.
Yah thats what my latest video has (no advertisement intended). It is claimed and monetized by a company who owns the song. However I do not have a copyright strike which is quite lucky for me.

Any good networks with good music?

Thanks everyone! :)

Back