Haters | What is your view?

Perhaps they didn't like it for a reason....they my friend are not haters but possibly people critizing your video?[DOUBLEPOST=1372630480,1372630440][/DOUBLEPOST]

True true, but you can never completely ignore why they are commenting and wasting their time in the first place bro :)
Yeah I guess

Are we still talking about YouTube?
I'll disagree

Yes, I am. I'll quote my post again;

There's a very bold line between "haters" and those who genuinely criticize.

Genuine criticism is when someone gives you a valid point or what they honestly and genuinely thought about the topic (or, in this case, YouTube channel, video, etcetera). "Hating" is when someone leaves nasty remarks for the sake of leaving nasty remarks.

I watched your guys videos yesterday and I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. Not because of what I was expecting from you, but from prank videos in general. There is a difference between a prank and just being an ******* making fun of people that many YouTube "pranksters" don't get, which, I guess, has reshaped my expectation when approaching prank videos. Yours where pranks. Still not a genre I'm particularly interested in, but it's nice to see that growing up in an area where picking pockets is part of the skill set one does acquire by the age of 6 can be put to good use...

Oh I'd say we where still a** holes XD we do like pranks that people can laugh off once we let them in on it but if we see someone being a d**k we will be an even bigger d**k to them.

We could make a good video on the tube off putting notes in people's pockets letting them know that we could have easily just robbed them :) but we wouldn't be able to film their reactions when they find the notes.

I actually want to get more into interviewing people and I'm thinking of going to red carpet events and hanging around parliament and maybe trying out stuff that has to be a bit more witty then just straight up offensive.

Yes I am. I'll quote my post again;

There's a very bold line between "haters" and those who genuinely criticize.

Genuine criticism is when someone gives you a valid point or what they honestly and genuinely thought about the topic (or, in this case, YouTube channel, video, etcetera). "Hating" is when someone leaves nasty remarks for the sake of leaving nasty remarks.

umadsis?

You came off a little snappy, but yeah..
If you couldn't read through my sarcasm, very few comments on YouTube are constructive.
Sure the one or two comments on a 50-sub channel might be constructive; i'm talking about the big picture here.
It was really only meant as a joke, I sorry that you didn't pick up on it.

One skill every creator should learn early on is to filter criticism even out of non-constructively phrased comments and learn from it. The only person your hurting by disqualifying critic because of formal reasons is yourself...[DOUBLEPOST=1372631532,1372631158][/DOUBLEPOST]
umadsis?

If you couldn't read through my sarcasm, very few comments on YouTube are constructive.
Sure the one or two comments on a 50-sub channel might be constructive; i'm talking about the big picture here.

"Constructive" has very little to do with the question is it criticism or not...

umadsis?

I wasn't attempting to relay any emotion at all in that paragraph, just expand on what I said so you could understand me better.

Oh I'd say we where still a** holes XD we do like pranks that people can laugh off once we let them in on it but if we see someone being a d**k we will be an even bigger d**k to them.

Well, but that is not uncalled for then. That's calling someone out for being a d**k. To get back to topic: That is critic in a way.

Well, but that is not uncalled for then. That's calling someone out for being a d**k. To get back to topic: That is critic in a way.

Like our one interview where my mate was calling the guy small and saying he had chicken arms, we only did that to him because he was walking around barging people out of his way with his chest pumped out.

Either way I aim to get funny enough to get onto QI one day and just talk utter ******** on there

Like our one interview where my mate was calling the guy small and saying he had chicken arms, we only did that to him because he was walking around barging people out of his way with his chest pumped out.

Either way I aim to get funny enough to get onto QI one day and just talk utter ******** on there

Those are quite interesting plans...

People giving criticism tell you what's wrong with your video and offer advice. Haters don't even discuss the video and choose to insult you directly, like your appearance, your clothes, etc. That's the main way you can tell the dif.

Back