Has anyone used BBTV?

i got this email from BBTV.. has anyone else dealt this these? Email attached.
ui84vo19v
[DOUBLEPOST=1485548239,1485548195][/DOUBLEPOST]
ui84vo19v
Screen_Shot_2017_01_27_at_20_13_09.png

Yes I did. After a few emails I asked them that if they thought my channel was so great, why didn't they ask me a year ago when I started? Then they stopped emailing me

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would use a network.

You do 100% of the work and they take a 30% cut. For what?

They say they will promote your channel, but all they do is link your website on a page which is only visited by other YouTubers looking to promote their channel. Unless you have a channel which teaches people how to succeed on YouTube, that isn't your audience.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Been part of BBTV for almost two years now and been pretty happy with them and what they have to offer. However, I don't know how they treat smaller channels. For example, we have highest possible revenue share and VIP partner manager who is able to answer any and all questions we have in a short time frame. They have a decent music library and dashboard is neat, but at the end of the day it all comes down to what you want and/or need from the network.

For a channel your size, I would recommend against partnering with anyone at the moment. However, if you are having issues with YouTube monetization, partnering with a network might be worth it for that reason alone. But keep in mind you don't want a long contract, preferably a no lock-in one and it's important that network has a proven record of payments being done on time and unlinking channels when requested (for example, Creative Nation most certainly doesn't, despite their very appealing 90-10% revenue share no lock-in contract). In your particular case it doesn't matter much whether you split your earnings 70-30, 80-30 etc with the network since your earnings are not high and if you have a no lock-in contract, you can always search for a new home with better revenue share later on.

Yes I did. After a few emails I asked them that if they thought my channel was so great, why didn't they ask me a year ago when I started? Then they stopped emailing me

Just to be clear, I don't like networks and this whole concept of YouTube MCNs because most of them are trash, especially when it comes to smaller channels. But what exactly is the point of your question? I can't figure it out whether it's just childish and stupid or you were trying to make a point that they should've noticed you when you only had a video or two uploaded with total of six subscribers? Pretty sure it wouldn't even be worth getting the paperwork done at that point.

They say they will promote your channel, but all they do is link your website on a page which is only visited by other YouTubers looking to promote their channel. Unless you have a channel which teaches people how to succeed on YouTube, that isn't your audience.

There are different revenue share deals as well as CPM-based ones. Just as some networks offer 60-40%, some networks offer 90-10%. Bigger networks can afford to sign bigger channels on a basically 100-0% deal (unrealistically high CPM deal, for example you're getting $2CPM for years now and they offer you a $5CPM, so the only way they can make some money is if they boost your ad sales and make you even more money). There are also possibilities to get a sign up bonus, re-sign up bonus and so on.

I understand that most people don't understand why people join networks because they never got anything from it, but there are plenty of opportunities for bigger channels to get more out of YouTube networks as opposed to YouTube partnership on its own. This is why I'd like to go back to first sentence from second paragraph in this post - smaller channels should not join networks unless they have a good reason to do so. No network will help very small channels because they get nothing from it, sadly.

Been part of BBTV for almost two years now and been pretty happy with them and what they have to offer. However, I don't know how they treat smaller channels. For example, we have highest possible revenue share and VIP partner manager who is able to answer any and all questions we have in a short time frame. They have a decent music library and dashboard is neat, but at the end of the day it all comes down to what you want and/or need from the network.

For a channel your size, I would recommend against partnering with anyone at the moment. However, if you are having issues with YouTube monetization, partnering with a network might be worth it for that reason alone. But keep in mind you don't want a long contract, preferably a no lock-in one and it's important that network has a proven record of payments being done on time and unlinking channels when requested (for example, Creative Nation most certainly doesn't, despite their very appealing 90-10% revenue share no lock-in contract). In your particular case it doesn't matter much whether you split your earnings 70-30, 80-30 etc with the network since your earnings are not high and if you have a no lock-in contract, you can always search for a new home with better revenue share later on.

Just to be clear, I don't like networks and this whole concept of YouTube MCNs because most of them are trash, especially when it comes to smaller channels. But what exactly is the point of your question? I can't figure it out whether it's just childish and stupid or you were trying to make a point that they should've noticed you when you only had a video or two uploaded with total of six subscribers? Pretty sure it wouldn't even be worth getting the paperwork done at that point.

There are different revenue share deals as well as CPM-based ones. Just as some networks offer 60-40%, some networks offer 90-10%. Bigger networks can afford to sign bigger channels on a basically 100-0% deal (unrealistically high CPM deal, for example you're getting $2CPM for years now and they offer you a $5CPM, so the only way they can make some money is if they boost your ad sales and make you even more money). There are also possibilities to get a sign up bonus, re-sign up bonus and so on.

I understand that most people don't understand why people join networks because they never got anything from it, but there are plenty of opportunities for bigger channels to get more out of YouTube networks as opposed to YouTube partnership on its own. This is why I'd like to go back to first sentence from second paragraph in this post - smaller channels should not join networks unless they have a good reason to do so. No network will help very small channels because they get nothing from it, sadly.
Good post.

If you can get a 100% as deal and the network can get a higher CPM rate and take their share from that, then I can see the appeal for a network.

Most networks don't seem to offer YouTubers that. Like you said, it's maybe different if you have a popular channel. For smaller channels they seem to be offering very little for the money they are taking.

Thank you, not really any need for the bit about childish.. like I would show off my channel when it only has 200 subs, I was just asking about the network as I am new to YouTube and wanted to know if it was a scam. But again. Thanks

I have tried BBTV before and i could recommend joinning this MCN, they pay always on time.
It's a good option specially for small channels where it takes them a lot to make $100 to get paid via adsense.

looooool ^ This really made my day :D:D[DOUBLEPOST=1486019325,1486019194][/DOUBLEPOST]

For me, joining a Multi-Channel Network is because i can't receive payments via Western Union and Paypal is a good option for me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1486019471][/DOUBLEPOST]
ui84vo19v
[DOUBLEPOST=1485548239,1485548195][/DOUBLEPOST]
Screen_Shot_2017_01_27_at_20_13_09.png

Hi man, BBTV is a big famous network, but as members said above, if you're a smalle Youtuber Networks won't help you that much, actually they only cut off 20% or 30% from your money monthly, but as i'm enable to work with Adsense Directly so i join MCN to receive my money via Paypal.

been a part of BBTV for more than 5 year afterwards was forcefully moved from TGN (been with tgn more than 3 years during the dark ages)
my advice? if you had big channel do get the VIP contract with BBTV or move to other network if they offer less than 80/20

Back