Hardware for gaming channel

Hey yall!

So my son is really into FeeGeeTV and my husband is thinking about starting a gaming channel with him. ( He is only 4) but wanted to see what we need to make this happen? What all do we need ? Head Sets? Recording device? How do we record our selves and then add the overlay to the game we play, etc?

Also need to see what kinda cost would be invloved in all of this. Thanks so much!

Hey yall!

So my son is really into FeeGeeTV and my husband is thinking about starting a gaming channel with him. ( He is only 4) but wanted to see what we need to make this happen? What all do we need ? Head Sets? Recording device? How do we record our selves and then add the overlay to the game we play, etc?

Also need to see what kinda cost would be involved in all of this. Thanks so much!

it really depends, do you guys have a console or a gaming PC?

if you have a console you can record just the game by itself (at least you can on ps4) and then upload it to youtube but you can't add your face to it. if you wanna do that you'll need a video capture device like the Elgato hd60 for example

now if you have a PC you can record the games with a program (software) and your face with a webcam like the Logitech c920

hopefully, my explanation is not super confusing...

in summary recording with a PC is easier, however buying a PC that is capable of recording and gaming at the same time could be pricey (we are talking over $500 here) and you also will have to build it on your own as prebuild PC's are extremely expensive and not very good performers...

now with console's you don't need to worry about ensembling it on your own, its basically plug and play but you have limited options. sure if you have a headset with a mic you can record the game and your voice and then immediately upload it to youtube but if you want to add someone's face while playing or do a small cut/edit you'll need a PC anyways.

now about the cost...

A PC by itself (no monitor or keyboard and mouse included) could cost you over $500
you'll then need a webcam wich is another $100+ but the pros are that you can edit/cut your footage the way you want and all the files (webcam and game) end in the same place (your hard drive)

a console is easy to set up and can record just the game footage and then upload it to your youtube channel immediately after but as I said if you want to add a face to your recordings you'll need:

a camera (the price varies but quality one start at $300)
a capture device as the one I mentioned (im not saying buy the one I mentioned, that one is just for reference but those type of devices start at $100)
and a PC to add/edit and render the footage.

hope it helps :)

Hey yall!

Also need to see what kinda cost would be invloved in all of this. Thanks so much![/QUOTE

I use Cubase 8.5 to record my voice but it cost about $500 because I also do music so that is a plus for my channel. I use the PS4 for video capture and sometimes I use a $200 video camera for face capture. I use Wonder share video editor which was about $40 for editing and Photoshop elements 15 which runs about $90 for thumbnails (still learning). Your going to need a pretty powerful computer because video editing takes up a good bit of power. Mine was about $1200 but I bought it for music recording. Also I'm from the south :).

it really depends, do you guys have a console or a gaming PC?

if you have a console you can record just the game by itself (at least you can on ps4) and then upload it to youtube but you can't add your face to it. if you wanna do that you'll need a video capture device like the Elgato hd60 for example

now if you have a PC you can record the games with a program (software) and your face with a webcam like the Logitech c920

hopefully, my explanation is not super confusing...

in summary recording with a PC is easier, however buying a PC that is capable of recording and gaming at the same time could be pricey (we are talking over $500 here) and you also will have to build it on your own as prebuild PC's are extremely expensive and not very good performers...

now with console's you don't need to worry about ensembling it on your own, its basically plug and play but you have limited options. sure if you have a headset with a mic you can record the game and your voice and then immediately upload it to youtube but if you want to add someone's face while playing or do a small cut/edit you'll need a PC anyways.

now about the cost...

A PC by itself (no monitor or keyboard and mouse included) could cost you over $500
you'll then need a webcam wich is another $100+ but the pros are that you can edit/cut your footage the way you want and all the files (webcam and game) end in the same place (your hard drive)

a console is easy to set up and can record just the game footage and then upload it to your youtube channel immediately after but as I said if you want to add a face to your recordings you'll need:

a camera (the price varies but quality one start at $300)
a capture device as the one I mentioned (im not saying buy the one I mentioned, that one is just for reference but those type of devices start at $100)
and a PC to add/edit and render the footage.

hope it helps :)

We have an xbox one! Thanks so much for this. I will run this by my husband and see if its something he wants to try out.

Thank you again!

Hey yall!

Also need to see what kinda cost would be invloved in all of this. Thanks so much!
Why is your husband only 4?

We have an xbox one! Thanks so much for this. I will run this by my husband and see if its something he wants to try out.

Thank you again!

NP, now about the Xbox... I'm oblivious to whether or not you can record your games on it. I've heard you can only record 5 mins but maybe that's not the case anymore. regardless I'm sure there's a workaround online.
best of luck! :)

NP, now about the Xbox... I'm oblivious to whether or not you can record your games on it. I've heard you can only record 5 mins but maybe that's not the case anymore. regardless I'm sure there's a workaround online.
best of luck! :)
Yes it is true.Only 5 minutes. I had to go out and by an elgato.

Back