Growth multiplication.

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Introduction:
Hello everyone, it's me Danger here and I thought I'd make another thread since you loved the last one so much. I thought of writing it into the last one, but it's already so packed that I might as well make a new one.

Today I'll teach you about growth multiplication, which is a huge factor in growing a large channel, and it also relates directly to why some channels gain a few subs a day, others gain 100's, and others gain 1000's.

I also quickly wanna point out that this is specifically written for the channels that are at the self-sustainable stage or higher, even though some of this can be implemented onto smaller channels, it is mostly usefull for higher-end channels.

What is Growth multiplication/Linear growth?
You can look at a channel like RayWilliamJohnson, who spends years getting to 100.000 subscribers, and then within 1 year he makes it to 2 million. I have no doubt in my mind that within the next 5 years we will have a Youtuber with a billion subscribers, now the reason why the linear increase will drop is due the fact that there are simply a limited number of people on earth using Youtube to this extent.

Basically your growth multiplication is almost a linear increase, for example it took me a good 3 years to get 10.000 subscribers, however within the last 30 days I've gotten 7000+ subscribers. This is my channel "taking off" which means the channel itself has been launched into semi-virality.

How to "take off"
I have about 10 gateway videos, and if you don't know what thoose are check them out on my other thread called "The small stay small, the big get bigger" it's stickied on this forum.

You will start noticing it pretty early on, at one point you'll recieve less than 10 subscribers a day for a long time, but once you have a few gateway videos going you'll start recieving maybe 50 a day, and thoose videos are only gonna keep getting bigger.

Try focusing on always making your content better, and once your channel is in a self-sustainable stage don't just be settled with that, you gotta aim higher. Like hell we're gonna stop after landing on the moon, wer're going to space motherfucker.

Wide appealing content.
You really want to make your content wide appealing, and I didn't give this enough attention in my previous guide. I'm gonna try to break it down for different Youtubers, since we have a lot of gamers/vloggers/comedy videos I'm gonna focus on thoose 3 groups.

One sentence that can be applied to everyone, is one that I've tried using myself "I wan't to make the next video better than the previous" Sounds simple? Well it is! Another thing is to try and capture yoru audience within the first 15 seconds of the video, this is about how much someone who doesn't know you will watch.

For gamers:
Make sure you make other videos than Let's Plays, get your audio/video in as high quality as possible. Try exploring with new types of videos, if you get an idea DO IT. If you want to be REALLY big, you're gonna wanna have VIRAL videos, not just semi-viral videos. If this means having misleading thumbnails, then have thoose, only a minority of people will blame you for it, and when it comes to the amount of people who will see your video because of it theres no doubt it's a good idea.

Games to avoid when being innovating: Call of Duty, gmod, Halo, Minecraft.
Games that have an amazing community, and are great for growth (there are probably more, but theese are the ones I can confirm for sure): Team fortress 2, League of Legends, ANY f*****g INDIE GAME, Minecraft (I know I said it sucked, but it really is amazing if your video takes off, I've seen minecraft videos get a million views over night)

For vloggers:
First of all, we've all seen the vlogger who continually gives his opinion on everything, however there are a gazillion opinions, and you need to make yours stand out. Try giving people a new perspective, and stick to your beliefs, if you get s**t for a video you've made don't change your standing on a subject, I've seen plenty of vloggers (also from here) either change their opinion, or take down a semi-viral vlog because it was getting hate.

I can't say much more, since with this type of video it really is all up to your personality and creativity ;) and you also gotta enjoy doing it.

For comedy video makers/sketches:
Reddit is your friend, try posting your stuff in Reddit under a fitting subreddit (/funny can be harsh, but if your video takes off there you're on your way to becoming a Youtube star)

Some of the people I've seen (especially from this forum) are creative as dicks. If someone can get soon 100 million views on "how animals eat their food", then I'm pretty f*****g sure this forum can beat Gangnam style. But let me take "how animals eat their food" as an example, it's so popular since it's simple, whenever you get a brilliant idea write it the f**k down! :C

Ending words: I hope this helped you somewhat, if your attention span was too short and you skipped through it, I can sum it up saying it's pretty much about maximizing your growth. I know it's into way too deep detail, and being the clumsybump I am I probably forgot to add something, so feel free to tell me.

I know this may not be of much help to smaller channels, but perhaps it's something to look forward to if you're not getting the growth you want. Let me tell you, the first 1000 are harder than the next 9000.

I think its all excellent advice apart from one small thing. Don't make misleading thumbnails, cause if you made a more appropriate thumbnail, chances are those people you p****d off with it, no matter how small, might have subbed had it not been for that. Also, some people may not have watched cause they thought it wasn't what they were looking for.

I think its all excellent advice apart from one small thing. Don't make misleading thumbnails, cause if you made a more appropriate thumbnail, chances are those people you p****d off with it, no matter how small, might have subbed had it not been for that. Also, some people may not have watched cause they thought it wasn't what they were looking for.
I know that's what most people say, however I have only had success with sexual/misleading thumbnails. I know this sounds like terrible advice, but for me at least who has a 95% immature viewer base it works pretty damn well.

Does it matter what they clicked for? as long as they enjoy the video??

I can't guarantee the same effect for other people, this is the League of Legends community which is something different. However look at all the larger Youtubers, alot of them have misleading thumbnails yet still manage good like/dislike ratios. Why? because they have good content.

Always really good advice, can't wait to see an amazingly high growth...like 5 subs a day :p haha

Always really good advice, can't wait to see an amazingly high growth...like 5 subs a day :p haha
This may sound silly but 5 subs a day is a huge milestone, it's that step from a nothing channel to a tiny growth channel. The first 100 legit subscribers, are harder than 5000 subscribers once you're a big channel.

This is Uber-Advice right here! Listen up everyone!

Although I must agree on the "misleading thumbnails" part, it just seems like something to avoid when trying to get a true and committed audience.While the fact remains that what matters is that people watch your video, I'd rather not deceive my viewers at all and build an honest relationship.

Back