Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Got A Copyright Claim NOT From The Copyright Holder? Read This

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by Tarmack, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ricktheruler
    Cash:
    $1
    Hello... I have a question here. I'm from Croatia and I'm doing video essays on Croatian for a geek site from my country. The video contains my audio commentary about the live-action movie trailer, whitewashing, Hollywood and anime, the importance of GITS, themes of GITS and stuff. Two copyright claims were made and I have question about both of them.

The first was made by Starz Media LLC which is actually a copyright holder for GITS anime in USA as far as I can tell. They didn't remove my video, but it's blocked in the U.S. Should I react? I mean, video essays are fair use? There are lots of channels like that on YouTube who earn money so I think they are, and I have no trouble with Paramount/Dreamworks for that video about using the footage from the live-action movie trailer. Should I file a dispute? This is offtopic, I know, I'm sorry, but the second one isn't and while I'm at that, I figured it would be easier to discuss it here.

The second claim was made by a network called Sevenlundus Company, to be more precise, by a specific gaming channel (!) called La Gamerteca which is on Spanish. There's NO WAY they hold any rights. I'm considering filing a dispute, but what should I write?

I hope someone will understand my problems here. Thank you. :)

2. doncorleone
    Cash:
    $2
    this is newbie friendly , thanks!

3. zirukurt01
    Cash:
    $47
    I uploaded a remix of a Videogame OST which is not commonly found on internet, i only found it on a custom map of Warcraft 3 which is a Castlevania RPG map.

After i upload the music, a YT bot or Company made an inaccurate content claim on my video.

4. Messages:
    Cash:
    $8
    I never really understood the difference between parody and satire until this. good write up man, thank you much.

5. Fox Beat
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $68
    Such a great joke dude!!

6. jessegreathouse
    Cash:
    $3
    This has been happening to me frequently. As a music producer, I often licence sample packs to include in my music. On multiple occasions, within the last month, the sounds from the licensed sample pack have triggered content ID claims by other artists who used the same sample. Understand that in my liscence agreement it stipulates that these samples cannot be licensed to anyone exclusively. The record labels/distributors claim them on behalf of their artists, but they have no idea that their artists do not have exclusive rights to the content they are claiming. In some cases, the label/distributor has been cooperative but in other cases the dispute has been completely ignored. Thankfully youtube allows me to monetize the video during a dispute, however I still have several pending disputes on claims made by entities which do not own the copyright to the media.

If they reject the dispute, this is going to be a big headache and I don't think youtube should give so much benefit of the doubt to anyone who claims to be the copyright holder. In my opinion this is systemic abuse, albeit not intentional, the result is the same. In my opinion content ID should only be utilized by humans who are trying to make a deliberate claim. The automated nature of this system lends itself to abuse.