Google Adwords, worth it?

Keshipel

I've Got It
Like the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has been successful with Adwords?

It seems like you can really throw your channel out there aslong as you have the money to spend.

Meh I've looked into that before and from what I can tell it's not really useful unless your channel is already fairly big. It's hard to get quality views from it.

What about any other paid advertising like Facebook's promote your website thing? I have yet to pay since I don't think I'd get ROI I'm looking for but maybe

Well in my opinion this really depends on what exactly do you want to accomplish and if you strongly believe your content is that good. The really awesome thing about adwords is that u can really pick specific ppl that your stuff will be advertised to like you can choose everyone up to 18 years old in only America or even specific state, i like that about adwords. As for results, keep in mind that you're not gonna actually waste the money u only pay when u actually get a unique view so thats good. So it really depends on how much you can invest. In my opinion if you really just wanna kickstart your whole youtube career and blowup assuming your content is seriously worth watching i think you would have to get like 3 of your next videos you're gonna post up to 100k views and hope it'll go naturally from there on its own and that will cost ALOT but hey, thats a very powerful method to become famous quick if you have the money. Or if thats not exactly what u can afford or even want u can just ya know put in like 40 bucks into your video and see how that goes. Keep in mind if you're partnered you'll make some of that money back, i don't think you'll make all of it back but atleast some.

Thats my general opinion about the whole adwords thing. Making it short.. its worth it if you're investing ALOT and its kinda meh if you're putting in little. But test it for yourself just try like 10 bucks its not much.

Meh I've looked into that before and from what I can tell it's not really useful unless your channel is already fairly big. It's hard to get quality views from it.

So you've tried it then or? I've tried it once before aswell, but didn't really see any clear benefit from it, so I'm thinking I'll have to invest big. My channels updated and more structured now, so it looks a lot better than b4.[DOUBLEPOST=1438569940,1438569875][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about any other paid advertising like Facebook's promote your website thing? I have yet to pay since I don't think I'd get ROI I'm looking for but maybe

Well atm my facebook page has got 0 likes, and I don't really use it that much.. I feel it's not going to target my audience properly, because when people are on facebook they don't tend to look for gaming channels.[DOUBLEPOST=1438570117][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thats my general opinion about the whole adwords thing. Making it short.. its worth it if you're investing ALOT and its kinda meh if you're putting in little. But test it for yourself just try like 10 bucks its not much.

I do think it's worth checking out atleast, and getting more views on my channel won't hurt.
So I can throw in 40$ on one vid, and that'll be advertised here and there? Don't care so much if I "loose" money on it, aslong as some more people come to check out the channel :)

I think I'll give it a shot!

Wait what are the rates for it?
From what I understand, they charge you per unique view? Is it like you put in a certain amount of money and they'll advertise you until you get a certain amount of views to match what you paid, or what?

I do think it's worth checking out atleast, and getting more views on my channel won't hurt.
So I can throw in 40$ on one vid, and that'll be advertised here and there? Don't care so much if I "loose" money on it, aslong as some more people come to check out the channel :)

I think I'll give it a shot!
Yeah just pick the right audience. I don't think you'd really wanna advertise it to ppl who are over 21 and are somewhere in idk Argentina or something it'd be a waste of money then. Its really important to pick the right audience and adwords lets you do that. Keep in mind it can take a while depending on how much you choose to spend per day. You could run your campaign for a week lets say and spend $4.50 per day which would be about $40 for the whole week. So every day adwords would do its job to advertise that video to ppl until you hit the daily cap of $4.50 and you'd gain X amount of unique views depending on your price per view you're willing to pay.

you would have to get like 3 of your next videos you're gonna post up to 100k views and hope it'll go naturally from there on its own and that will cost ALOT
Yeah it would cost a decent amount of money to do that. Even with careful targeting and using a broad set of keywords, getting views for a penny a piece with Adwords for videos campaigns would put you at $1000.00 for those 100k views. And they aren't the most targeted views for that price, plus they will come from many different low CPC countries (and also some high CPC ones). But they are real people viewing your video and based on search keywords that are at least somewhat relevant to your content. Still a lot of money though.

I've run some low cost campaigns recently ($20-30 here and there on different channels) and I've had mixed results. The views I can always get without problem, but the subs are harder to come by, depending on what channel I'm advertising. Testing is key. You can get a fairly good idea of how things are going to go from a small investment. Once you realize the kind of subs to views rate you're gonna get you can extrapolate that data to estimate how effective a larger campaign will be.

One important metric in Adwords for video ads is 'earned views', which simply means the number of video views that resulted from the initial ad click. E.g. Someone clicks onto your video ad and go to the watch page. They then go watch two more videos. This is recorded as 2 'earned views' in the Adwords reports. It's important because you can then run a-b tests with multiple ads to determine which one drives more earned views.

It's fun to tinker around with but it will get expensive with little return if you don't do some research and pay attention to your metrics.

It's fun to tinker around with but it will get expensive with little return if you don't do some research and pay attention to your metrics.

Sorry for the late reply, been a bit busy as of late.

I've just now set up a campaign. I read what your all saying, but it's still a bit confusing. Seems like a lot to learn with targeting audiences and so forth, and I can't say it's the easiest tool I've ever used.
Think I'll have to do some more research tho, like you said.
I'll try it out now for a week or so. I think I got some really good keywords that are atleast very relevant to my channel. 17 of'em, and they all link up to the videos I've got.
Tried looking into the "Audience" tab, but that s**t just got me really confused, so I think I'll just stick with what I've made now.

Type: Search Network with Display Select - All features.
Networks: Google search; Search Partners; Display Network
Devices: All
Locations: All countries and territories (iknow @AlexGotBeats said I should target more specific, but since I'm seen as "International" on Youtube, I get views from all over the world. Literally)
Languages: English
Bid strategy: Focus on clicks, automatic bidding, no CPC bid limit
Budget: Enuff for naow

Does that seem right, or is there something I've done completely wrong here?

If it was me i'd only allow computer devices cuz on lots of other devices ads don't show up and i'd wanna make some money back. And only in US, UK, Canada and Australia. Ages 0-30 or whatever is the option that comes close to that. But thats just me.

Back