The main thing I do at the end of every video is say "I hope you learned a thing or two, and if you'd like to learn a third, leave your thoughts in the comments below!"

By doing this, I'm inviting any human who views my content to let me know whether or not they'd like to hear more on the topic I've discussed and I also take suggestions for future educational videos! You never know what people are interested in learning, and I love hearing from everyone!

In every single one of my videos, both LP or the rare vlogs I do, I always try to watch into the camera as much as possible ( and that sometimes causes me to die miserably in the game xD). I also speak a lot with the camera because I have the feeling to not be alone at all. I think that you need to believe to be in front of an audience ( even if that can create some anxiety problems xD). I always try to make everyone feeling a part of the video.

I try to look into the camera, and if I'm going somewhere, I always end up saying: We're on our way to.. instead 'I'm on my way to'. Always say hi in the beginning, ask the audience to send in their view/photo's/anything related to the video and say goodbye.

For me, I try to reply to most comments / all messages but also I keep a regular presence on the Twitter page. I find Twitter very handy for just keeping in touch and letting people know you're around.

At the moment I'm working on a big enough project for my channel that's keeping me busy from uploading but I'm still giving everyone updates and communicating on their channels, too.

Every little bit helps rather than just vanishing for periods at a time.

I agree with Duggy, replying to comments and engaging on social media is very important.
I also try to work in viewer comments into videos. Either with a screen capture of their comment or by mentioning that soandso suggested this and it was a good idea or not. People like recognition. Heck, that's might be why a lot of us started making videos.... :)

What do you guys do to connect with your audience? I was thinking about vlogging to really talk and connect with my subscribers but not sure if it's the best way. I reply to every comment and do my best to engage with my subscribers. What method was successful for you guys as far as connecting with your audience?

Back