Good game recorder?

GigFlint

Loving YTtalk
I want a game recorder that doesnt take up a lot of space.
I don't mind if it makes my game lag or not but which recorder uses the least amount of disk space.
I want one like this because my upload speed is really slow and it takes forever to upload my videos especially when there like 1 gb

I use Dxtory with the Lagarith Lossless codec and it's the one I've found that creates the smallest files. If I record for 30 mins it's around 65gb and I record on the highest possible quality and with 60fps so you can make it a lot smaller if you cut the quality.

Bare in mind though that recording game footage takes up a lot of space regardless.

Edit: Are you not rendering your videos before you upload?

There's no reason your videos need to be a gigabyte in file size. You need to use handbrake, it's a compression program that can turn 10 gigabytes of footage into as little as 80 megabytes. Use it liberally.

I use Bandicam... most people recommend Fraps.. they don't take up a lot of space and they aren't program heavy

There's no reason your videos need to be a gigabyte in file size. You need to use handbrake, it's a compression program that can turn 10 gigabytes of footage into as little as 80 megabytes. Use it liberally.

If you reduce it more than half the file size it'll start to effect the quality however

I want a game recorder that doesnt take up a lot of space.
I don't mind if it makes my game lag or not but which recorder uses the least amount of disk space.
I want one like this because my upload speed is really slow and it takes forever to upload my videos especially when there like 1 gb

Honestly, it isn't the game recorder that is going to change this. What you need to do is edit/render your videos using video editing software, which will compress your files into a format that takes less space. For example, I use Fraps to record my gameplay, but then I edit and render my videos using Sony Vegas. .mov is my fave format ;)

Hopefully this helped!

Bandicam is rlly good :D It doesnt eat my FPS while recording AND the filesizes are no pain in the a** ;D

Back