Getting your channel out there vs unwanted advertising.

You gain traction from just making videos by just making videos. If your videos are good, YouTube will know and deliver them to people who like them. There is no magic button.

Well there has to be some sort of metric i.e. viewer retention. YouTube isn't going to just know your videos are good because theyre "good." I guess this is where SEO, thumbnail, and ultimately, advertising comes in.

Well there has to be some sort of metric i.e. viewer retention. YouTube isn't going to just know your videos are good because theyre "good." I guess this is where SEO, thumbnail, and ultimately, advertising comes in.
Well, I’m kind of past the point of trying to teach see and thumbs.. it’s too basic and everyone should know it before they start.. but basically just be honest in what you present, repeat it and you’ll grow.

I think it comes down a lot more to titles, tags and quality content over Social media spamming (which I think causes more harm than good to your channel)

hopefull this doesn't seem like to much of an attach but to take the original posters channel he is running a red dead redemption series titled
"Red Dead Redemption 2 Part 3 (PS4 Pro)" which is possibly the most generic title and content you could come up with and thus is competing against so many other videos. If the OP were to try something much more specific in terms of content creation ("Red Dead Redemption - Tracking And Acquiring The Fastest Horse In The Game - Complete Guide") you'd immediately be more searchable, targeting a more niche audience and actually providing a service that may interest people rather than generic playthrough#159

But just my thoughts anyway...

I think it comes down a lot more to titles, tags and quality content over Social media spamming (which I think causes more harm than good to your channel)

hopefull this doesn't seem like to much of an attach but to take the original posters channel he is running a red dead redemption series titled
"Red Dead Redemption 2 Part 3 (PS4 Pro)" which is possibly the most generic title and content you could come up with and thus is competing against so many other videos. If the OP were to try something much more specific in terms of content creation ("Red Dead Redemption - Tracking And Acquiring The Fastest Horse In The Game - Complete Guide") you'd immediately be more searchable, targeting a more niche audience and actually providing a service that may interest people rather than generic playthrough#159

But just my thoughts anyway...

Agreed, especially with smaller channels I think it's helpful to make extremely niche / specific videos.

You gain traction from just making videos by just making videos. If your videos are good, YouTube will know and deliver them to people who like them. There is no magic button.

I agree

focusing on improving your content first is most important.

no amount of advertising is going to gain you the traction watch time can. youtube promoting your video's will gain you way way more views and watch time than any social media or forum ect. focus on your watch time on YouTube first as well as titles tags and thumbnails.

if you have some on-topic community's that you participate in regularly not just to try to promote your youtube. dropping an occasional link done the right way can be good for you, but being spamy will get you no where.

I know going around to twitter and other platforms spamming my content wont give me a good rep. So what are good ways of going about getting your content out there?
You dont have to spam your videos but it is okay to use your social media to show your stuff. This is the easiest and cheapest way to get started and I think Youtubers start here. What do you mean by "unwanted advertising" by the way??:) i never heard that before. But besides social media there are sites like Yttalk where you can promote your videos or you could try and hook up with a bigger channel in the same niche for a collab:)

So the way I kinda built up my audience and all that was by posting a lot on Twitter (more than just my own videos though!), using the videos part of this site, and just by making my content better overtime.

I love using social media in general, to be honest I'm a bit of an addict, so I started using my Youtube channels twitter to just share stuff, keep the people who watch my videos informed and up to date as to when i'm upload or why i'm not, and just keep in touch overall with the people interested in my channel! Building a close relationship with the people you have subscribed to you already is genuinely great because you get to meet some pretty cool people imo and you get to find out why people actually like your content!

Using the videos part of this site has been helpful because I've gotten feedback and I've been able to show my videos to people who wouldn't typically see my content!

Lastly, just focus on making your content better and less about who's all watching you! I've been working on making my commentary videos as good as they can be for a while and with growth comes more people looking to check out your content!

Back