Getting Ready To Monetize & Need Advice

Georien

Hello everyone!

I have a YouTube channel right now that gets slightly over 50,000 views per month. I've mostly been doing this for fun and nothing too serious.

Anyways, I checked Social Blade and it says I will likely make around $100 a month on average if I monetize, so I figure now is the time.

So Now I'm Wondering:

1. Do I simply hit the monetize button to monetize all my videos and....

2. I know that if someone clicks their own Ad or watches their own Ad that they can get in trouble. How can I avoid this? I assume that if I have AdBlock up on my browser that I'm okay watching my own videos....but I suppose watching my videos on my mobile phone is out?

Also, what if I'm at home, but a friend goes on their mobile phone and watches one of my videos...will Google think it is really me and penalize me? How do you guys deal with friends/family/people in the same building perhaps accidentally watching one of your videos and viewing / clicking an ad?

Help with these questions would be much appreciated and thank you!

Google will need you to set up an ad sense account and link it to your paypal, and all you do is click "monetize with ads". Watching your own video shouldn't be a problem unless you refresh the page a bunch of times to get more views or something. My friends and I watch our old videos sometimes and it really doesn't matter. Also, when you look at socialblade, expect the minimum that it says. It gives you a range, and it is almost always within the lower 10% (a few of my friends have over 1k subs and monetize)

Back