Getting permission to upload videos by other creators [Help]

Maxpowerkj

Liking YTtalk
Hello,
I am starting a YouTube channel where other freelance video creators will upload their gaming guides on MY channel. Do i need some kind of agreement/contract written up before i upload their videos or do i have permission already if they send me their video?

In general, just saying that they are ok is fine, but if I were you, I would create a form that every channel has to fill out to give you full permission to host their content on your channel. That way, if they decide to suddenly turn on you, you can have written records of their permission. You might even want to talk to someone (a real life friend for example) that specializes in legal terms so that you can have a genuinely decent legal contract. It might seem like overkill, but you can never be too sure sometimes.

I'd personally use emails or PDFs as a non-exclusive rights transfer slip. Emails can be kept documented so it's a plus. Just have them send you a paragraph of text that you can complete yourself if you don't want them messing it up. Do some Googl'ing if you don't know what should be mentioned in the document/email.

Back