Getting back into Youtube, is Minecraft still a popular video topic?

DoggoMC

Hey,
Around a year ago I was really active on this forum and I made Minecraft Youtube videos which got quite popular, however eventually in March / April of 2017 I shut the channel down and deleted the videos. I've gotten a bit more interest in Youtube again and would like to know;

Is Minecraft still a popular and reliable video topic?

I have a Youtube channel now, however it's just silly 'meme' and joke stuff, and I would like to do full time Youtube again. If Minecraft isn't popular, can let's plays still be?

honestly its damn near impossible to get a full time gaming channel off the ground
I agree on this, since there´s new gaming channels every day, that most have the same intention, to make it full time. when new gaming channels are being created every day, the competition makes it way harder!
How does the meme and joke stuff work out for you?

I agree on this, since there´s new gaming channels every day, that most have the same intention, to make it full time. when new gaming channels are being created every day, the competition makes it way harder!
How does the meme and joke stuff work out for you?
It gets alright views, when there's a really trendy meme out and I 'hop on the bandwagon' and make a video on it, it'll usually rake in tons of views. So it's going well but it's not really something I want to do on Youtube.

It gets alright views, when there's a really trendy meme out and I 'hop on the bandwagon' and make a video on it, it'll usually rake in tons of views. So it's going well but it's not really something I want to do on Youtube.
your best bet for full time youtube is sketch comedy, vlogs or theroy/info type videos

Minecraft seems to be done to death. At vidcon they had a MC room meetup. I mean, a meetup just for minecraft. Yes there are a few people who mod it out and make some cool stuff. Honestly though, you might be better finding another game with a following.

It's definitely near impossible to get a gaming channel off the ground nowadays. There's not so much a market for comedic gamers anymore on YouTube, most of the gaming entertainment moved over to Twitch. Also, gaming with funny commentary isn't as popular as it once was, especially since the people that started it rarely do it now. What's popular in gaming is the impressive people- people who get 15 kills a game in PUBG, the people who can team-wipe alone in Overwatch, those sorts of people.

Addressing Minecraft specifically: Minecraft's market was over-flooded really early because YouTube was a much more open platform then and many young children wanted to be a part of it. Nothing wrong with that, but it did leave its impression on the game in the YouTube field. If you're dedicated to Minecraft, I'd recommend making some awesome builds and showing those off, perhaps even tutorials on how to make them. People are simply more interested in impressive gameplay than funny gameplay nowadays it seems. I would say that gameplay in a comedic value is tricky to get into because it's such a filled niche. You have Game Grumps, Vanoss, Seananners, so many people doing it whose personalities have been established for a while now. It's possible to start a comedic Minecraft channel today just because anything is possible, but it'd definitely be difficult.

SIDE NOTE: For anyone reading this- Yes, I know I post poor quality gaming videos on my channel lol (though I hope to improve!)

Yes, Minecraft is still relevant in my opionion. But it all comes down to what kinds of videos you plan on recording, because there are sooo so many Minecraft videos out there and you need to be somewhat unique. As for myself I play and record videos on Hypixels server and those types of videos seem to be quite popular. As good idea would be to do mod showcase videos, or use a lot of comedy in 'let's plays', or collab with others (I enjoy collabs a lot more than single player videos most of the time). But as I said; this is my opinion and you should do what you enjoy doing :3

Yes it is still relevant but there's too much competition to deal, especially get ranked in search so you can get views. But im sure your videos are different from those other Minecraft youtuber

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Back when I did used to do Minecraft videos it was a mixture of minigame gameplay, tutorials and Minecraft news, with the news videos being the most popular (i think one even got almost 10k views). My news videos mainly centered around the console versions of Minecraft, with news and speculation on the next update which brought in the most views for me. The gameplay videos were also pretty popular, but the tutorials never got many views.

I am planning on restarting my channel within January/February of 2018, so I'll stick with the formula above. It did get me ranked pretty high in search results, especially whenever I livestreamed a new update that had just come out, it would get pretty high within the ranking.

Back