Getting Back After a Break

Doomkey

Liking YTtalk
So I recently had to leave to do something for two weeks and during that time I couldn't make videos and I just made like... 7 or 8 videos that I just had a friend release on certain dates so that my chanel wouldn't be totally stagnant. Before I left I was really into it and I was doing a ton of fun edits (I'm still learning my new editor so in reality it wasn't that many edits) and I was posting to a bunch of different places and just having a really good time doing this. Now that I'm back, I thought I was going to have a new drive and rekindled passion for doing YT but it seems like I've gone down a bit actually. It's only been a few days and today I feel far better then I did just yesterday, but I'm still not back to the level I was when I left or above it like I had initial expected.

What do you guys do to cure your gone away blues? Any tips or tricks?

Well first of all are you a generally happy person right now outside of YouTube? If so, then maybe you just need to try doing something a little different for next video. Doesn't necessarily have to be a completely different genre, but just something a bit different from your usual vids.

I know exactly what you're feeling. I had left for 3 weeks because I was on a trip to a place with no internet(otherwise I would have been vlogging the trip), and when I got back, what I did just didn't seem as fun anymore. At that point, I was uploading mostly first-person shooters on my gaming channel, so I decided to switch it up and start playing games that I could play for fun like minigames with my friends in Batlefield 4, GTA V, and even making a Roblox account to screw around in that game. It turns out that I have a lot more fun doing YouTube videos in which I'm not playing a game competitively, but rather playing in a fun and laid back setting. This actually may end up being a permanent change on my channel.

I've moved this to the Strategies & Technique Advice Forum. ^^ The YouTube Tips and Articles forum is more for posting articles and YouTube Tutorials rather than asking for tips and advice. =)

I've felt this way before, just keep thinking about why you did it, why you want to keep going and what you can do to change. How many people you can or may reach? Listen to motivational videos, no joke- do it. Go to YT and Search "
Believe in Yourself - Motivational Video"
It always helps me. Just keep pushing on and continue to improve. Even if you don't see progress right away well, change it up my friend! Learn to edit, learn - theres a lot to learn.[DOUBLEPOST=1469252854,1469252635][/DOUBLEPOST]Just noticed this was last month on the 23rd...not today....lol funny. But hey, watch it anyways!

Back